This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate documentation.
For Adobe Captivate system requirements, see System Requirements.
Download Captivate from the downloads page.
- Windows: Ensure that Captivate 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.2066 or 220.127.116.116 or 18.104.22.1689 build version is already installed.
- macOS: Ensure that Captivate 22.214.171.1243 build version is already installed.
- Captivate VR content now plays on Chrome 79 or later. For more information, see this KB document.
- With the Chrome 80 update, tracking xAPI-enabled content may not get reported to an LMS. For more information, see this KB document.
- When adding slide notes, Closed Captions, or Text To Speech to a Captivate project and trying to export as XML, the text do not display as expected in the XML.
- In non-English locales, on Advanced Actions, the action Jump to Bookmark is not translated. Also, the action Jump to Bookmark changes to Continue after saving the action.
- The Asset Panel does not display any asset when Captivate is behind a firewall.
- Unable to add a Vimeo video in Captivate.
- An action that is set to open the URL in a new window does not work as expected in the Captivate Prime App in iOS.
- When inserting scenarios or characters from the Asset Panel, Captivate behaves unexpectedly.
- On slide re-visits, in a Text Entry Box, the text does not retain in responsive projects.
- The branching view does not update the slide order with a mixed flow from slides.
- Captivate does not launch Adobe Media Encoder 14.4 automatically. As a work-around, launch Adobe Media Encoder manually, and perform the round-tripping workflows.
- From the Asset Panel, you will not be able to download an image or video from Adobe Stock. This issue also exists in all previous updates of Captivate (2019 release). As a work-around, launch the Adobe Stock website in a browser and then download the image/video from the website. After downloading, insert the asset in your Captivate project.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.