A couple of months ago, in Captivate, there was an issue of VR content not playing on devices. The issue was due to a few core libraries that were deprecated.
We are now pleased to announce that we’ve released a Hotfix to address the issue. This Hotfix is applicable to Adobe Captivate (2019 release) with build number 188.8.131.529 on Windows.
If you are not already on build number 184.108.40.2069, update your copy of Captivate.
The Hotfix upgrades the existing WebVR library to WebXR, which is the latest standard for experiencing immersive content on devices.
This Hotfix addresses immersive content playback on Chrome browser for Android devices and VR playback devices, such as, Oculus Go, and Oculus Quest.
To apply the Hotfix, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the default Captivate installation folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64 and back up the following folder/file:
- Download the files from the location.
- Extract the files from the archive.
- Copy and replace the ui_components folder and the file CPHTMLPublish.dll in the Captivate installation directory.
- Clean the preferences. For instructions, see that the section Re-create the preferences in the community post.
- Restart Adobe Captivate.