Welcome to Adobe® Captivate® 4. This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate 4 documentation.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel Centrino® Intel Xeon® or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 1.5GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (Adobe Captivate cannot be installed on flash-based storage devices)
- 800x600 screen resolution (1,024x768 recommended)
- DVD-ROM drive
1. Before you install, close all applications currently running on your systemâ”including other Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows. It is also recommended to temporarily turn off virus protection during the installation process.
2. You must have administrative privileges or be able to validate as an administrator.
3. Do the following:
- Insert the DVD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the Adobe Captivate 4 folder found at the root level on your disk and double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
- If you downloaded the software from the web, open the folder, navigate to the Adobe Captivate 4 folder, double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
4. If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer will check your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it will ask you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
Note: In order to install additional components or reinstall your software after your original installation, you will need access to the original installer (CD, DVD or the download from the web). Repair is not an available option.
- In Windows XP, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In Windows Vista, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall/Change, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Enter the serial number you received when purchasing the software in the serialization screen when launching the application. You can enter a serial number for the application itself or a serial number for eLearning Suite that contains the application. If the product you purchased is one of the eLearning Suite, you can enter it in any of the applications contained in the eLearning Suite. Other applications installed as part of the eLearning Suite will recognize the new serial number the next time the applications are launched.
Only applications running as a trial will recognize the new serial number. If any of the applications have already been serialized with a different serial number, it will continue to use that serial number until you remove the older serial number using the Help > Deactivate > Erase my serial number. Then on the next launch of the application, it will recognize the new serial number.
Volume licensing customers cannot purchase from a trial directly, however a volume licensing serial number can be entered in the trial product. Please contact your reseller or authorized Adobe licensing center to place an order for a volume license. To find a reseller in your area, go to http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/reseller.jsp.
This product is offered subject to your acceptance of the license agreement included with the media and to limited warranty terms. See the Adobe Software License Agreement for details. The software may automatically attempt to activate over the Internet. No personally identifiable information will be transmitted, except to the extent that IP addresses may be considered personally identifiable in some jurisdictions. To learn more, visit the Adobe web site at http://www.adobe.com/go/activation.
Note: If you want to install the product on a different computer, you must first deactivate the software on your computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
When you install your software, be sure to register to get up-to-date product information, training, newsletters, and invitations to Adobe events and seminars.
Please refer to Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues for Adobe Captivate 4.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobeâs support knowledgebase, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate 4, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.