Having trouble downloading non–Creative Cloud Adobe products? Try these solutions to resolve common browser, system, and connectivity problems that can interfere with successful downloads of non–Creative Cloud products.
Using Creative Cloud?
This article applies to non–Creative Cloud products only. For help with Creative Cloud download problems, see Troubleshoot Creative Cloud download and install issues.
Just trying to find the Download link?
Find the app you're interested in on the Adobe Downloads page.
Try this first
Follow the troubleshooting steps in one of the following documents—whichever applies to your download:
- Can't download a non–Creative Cloud purchased product? See Troubleshoot Akamai Download Manager downloads.
- Can't download a trial that uses Akamai Download Manager? (Includes Acrobat X Pro. Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, or India.) See Can't download trial | Akamai Download Manager.
- Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows
- Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac OS
- Troubleshoot Acrobat Reader download
- Download eBooks | Adobe Digital Editions
Try this second
Didn't find what you needed in Try this first?
Try one or more of the following tasks.
Often, the easiest way to resolve failed downloads is to try the download again using a different browser. For example, if you're using Internet Explorer on Windows, try Firefox. If you're using Firefox on Mac OS, try Safari.
See Akamai Download Manager FAQ. (Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, or India.)
Allow pop-up windows in your browser, or add www.adobe.com to your pop-up blocker's exceptions list. Also, allow third-party cookies. For instructions, see your browser's documentation.
If you encounter a specific error number or message, search the Adobe support website for the text or error number for a solution.
- Browser-managed downloads (small product downloads, such as fonts or Lightroom): Look in the progress window. The download is progressing as long as the transfer rate is more than 0 MB/sec. If it is stalled, start your download again.
- Akamai Download Manager 3 (Adobe.com Store downloads and some trial downloads, such as Acrobat X): Look for the word PAUSED in the Akamai window. If the download is paused, click the Resume button . (Not applicable to downloads in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, or India.)
For more information, see Estimated download times.
If the temporary Internet file cache is too small to contain the file as it downloads, the download fails.
Estimated download times
Many factors, such as connection type and network traffic, affect download speed. The following table provides estimated download times for different file sizes at typical connection speeds. For faster downloads, avoid peak hours (9am to 6pm Eastern time). Demand for downloads can also be high the first week after a product release. Some products—typically applications that are about 1 GB or larger—require that you have a broadband Internet connection for download.
When you order a product, look below or to the right of the Delivery Method pop-up menu for the file size and estimated download time.
The estimates in this table assume ideal network conditions. Your actual download time can be longer.
|File size||Connection speed|
|DSL (1.5 Mbps)||Cable (3 Mbps)||Corporate network (10 Mbps)|
|100 MB||9 minutes||5 minutes||1 minute|
|500 MB||47 minutes||25 minutes||7 minutes|
|800 MB||75 minutes||40 minutes||11 minutes|
|1 GB||96 minutes||51 minutes||14 minutes|
|2 GB||3 hours||101 minutes||29 minutes|
|5 GB||8 hours||4 hours||72 minutes|
|7 GB||11 hours||6 hours||100 minutes|
|10 GB||16 hours||8.5 hours||2.5 hours|
Unable to download Captivate 8 or any product in IE 11 browser
If you are having trouble downloading Captivate 8 or any product using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 8 or 7, you can fix it by adding www.adobe.com to the combatability view list. Follow the steps below:
Still need help?
When posting on forums, include your operating system and your product's version number in your message.