Welcome to Adobe® Captivate® 9.0.2. This document contains late-breaking product information, bug fixes, installation information, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate 9.0.2 documentation.
For Adobe Captivate 9.0.2 system requirements, see System Requirements.
- Sample projects folders are present at:
- Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\SampleProjects
- Mac OS: /Users/<user account>/Documents/My Adobe Captivate Projects/SampleProjects
- Interactions folders are present at:
- Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Interactions_9_0
- Mac OS: /Users/<user account>/Documents/My Adobe Captivate Projects/Interactions_9_0
- Sample projects folders are present at:
Back up existing projects created using older versions of Captivate before opening them with Captivate 9.0.2.
Launch Adobe Captivate, and choose Help > About Adobe Captivate. If the build number is 22.214.171.1247, the patch is installed successfully.
For a list of new features and enhancements included in this release, see What's new in Adobe Captivate 9.0.2, 9.0.1, and 9 releases.
In Captivate 126.96.36.1997, when hosting HTML5 Captivate content, you can specify the MIME type for JSON as application/json.
- Quiz buttons of type text fail to display during runtime for responsive projects.
- In IE 9.0, you are unable to launch published HTML5 content.
- In Mac, Captivate closes unexpectedly when inserting web object > Embed code in a project.
- The Playbar button looks distorted when displaying or hiding the
- Buttons on consecutive slides in the same position sometimes require an additional mouse click to advance.
- The Runtime dialog, when previewed on devices, does not close for the second time.
- A multi-slide synchronized video plays across all slides instead of the intended slides.
- Audio for a random question slide fails to play. When you add audio to a quiz slide in a quiz pool, the audio fails to play in HTML.
- If the pass percentage is set to 60%, and you achieve exactly 60%, the result displays "Failed".
- Feedback text gets overlapped with the answer options even when the opacity of feedback is set to 100%.
- A course only with Knowledge Check questions shows "In Progress" even after the course completion in Adobe Connect.
- A button shrinks when you repeatedly hover out of the smart shape button in the down state.
- Audio fails to resume when switching from fast forward play to normal play in an SWF output.
- Drag and drop assets are not reset when you revisit the slide in HTML5.
- There is a lag while dragging sources when you preview or publish in HTML5.
- Unable to preview high-resolution Stock images in SWF preview.
Browser Preview: Change the default Publish settings to Flash Player 11 by going to Publish dialog. Choose Flash player 11 from the Flash player drop-down menu and click the Publish button.
Project Preview: Publish the SWF output in your machine with Flash Player 11 and view the SWF file in a standalone flash player (URL to download standalone flash player: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/22/flashplayer_22_sa.exe)
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support knowledge base, Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate 9.0, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.