|Tool Name||Supported File Types|
|Convert to PDF
||DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, PSD, TIF, TIFF,
AI, FORM, INDD
|Convert Word to PDF||DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT|
|Convert Excel to PDF||XLS, XLSX|
|Convert PPT to PDF||PPT, PPTX|
|Convert JPG to PDF||BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF|
|Convert PDF to Word||DOCX|
|Convert PDF to PPT||PPTX|
|Convert PDF to Excel||XLSX|
|Convert PDF to JPG||JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF
Supported browsers on desktop include:
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mac OS X v10.12 (Sierra) or later using Safari 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
Supported browsers on mobile devices include:
- iOS: iOS native browser and Chrome
- Android: Android native browser and Chrome
From the Adobe Acrobat online services page, select the tool you want to use and follow the how-to steps. Note that Acrobat online services upload your files to Adobe Document Cloud. If you sign in, Acrobat will save your file to Adobe Document Cloud; if you don't sign in to save or share your file, Adobe will delete the file from our servers within a short period of time.
Without signing in with an Adobe ID, most tools let you complete one free transaction and download the resulting file one time.
If you sign in with an Adobe ID, you can share, fill, sign, and comment on PDFs for free. When you sign in, you can also try additional premium tools. See below for free quota limits.
If you don't sign in with an Adobe ID, you can only complete one free transaction and download the resulting file one time. There are a few tools, however, that cannot be tried without signing in.
If you sign in with an Adobe ID, you can fill, sign, share, and add comments to files for free. To try other premium tools when signed in, free users are subject to the following quota limits:
- You can complete two Request Signatures transactions every 30 days on a rolling basis.
- You can make up to 5 additional free transactions every 7 days on a rolling basis when trying other premium tools. Within this 7-day time period, transaction limits are as follows:
- You can convert one file to a PDF every 24 hours.
- You can convert one PDF to another file format every 7 days.
- You can compress one file every 24 hours.
- You can organize the pages in one file every 24 hours using the Organize Pages, Rotate PDF Pages, Delete PDF Pages, or Reorder PDF Pages tool.
- For example, if you sign in on a Tuesday for the first time and use the Convert PDF to Word tool, you have used one free transaction for this 7-day period. You will not be able to use any of the convert tools for 24 hours. On Wednesday, you could compress a file and convert an Excel file to PDF; you will have now used three free transactions in the same 7-day period. To convert or compress another file though, you'd need to wait 24 hours.
- When you reach free quota limits, you’ll be notified online.