(Desktop and Android only)
Export photos as JPGs, TIFs, or in the original format with settings. You can also choose options for quality, Output Sharpening, File Naming, and more.
Lightroom desktop now has the Home view, which offers step-by-step guided tutorials and photo edits called interactive edits to get inspired from.
Automatically fill uneven edges of your panorama
Use the Fill Edges option to fill the uneven edges of your panorama/HDR panorama.
Find contextual Help resources within the app
Lightroom for mobile (iOS and Android) offers tutorials for tools and features based on what you're working on in the app.
Sort photos in your albums uniquely, which syncs across all platforms. Experience faster performance when you use Dehaze, Clarity, and other sliders. Share photos to WHCC and Blurb, export videos in iOS, and more.
Select the photos you want to export and click the Share icon to quickly access the Export screen. You can export edited photos as JPEG, TIF, or as the original photo with applied settings. Lightroom for mobile (Android) also lets you to export photos as DNG files. Moreover, you can access export setting options such as JPG Quality, Output Sharpening, Color Space, and File Naming.
For more details, see:
Click the icon in the left panel to access the Home view. Here, you can find Get Started tutorials to learn the basics of using Lightroom and access step-by-step guided tutorials to learn photo editing techniques. The Home view also offers Interactive Edits where you can discover how professional photographers edit their photos and save the edits shown as a preset.
For more details, see In-app learning and inspiration.
In Lightroom desktop, choose File > Migrate From > Photoshop Elements Catalog to easily migrate your catalog from Photoshop Elements 2019 or later.
To learn more, see Migrate photos from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom.
Tap the Help icon to search step-by-step guided tutorials for tools and features right within the Lightroom for mobile app. You can use a photo of your choice to apply the steps shown in the guided tutorials.
To learn more, see:
- Uniquely sort your album photos in the grid view. Drag the photo thumbnails and drop them in the desired position in the album. This change syncs to Lightroom for mobile (iOS and Android) and Lightroom on the web too. To know more, see Sort photos.
- Simply click the search bar to view an array of options based on which you can search photos. These options include ratings, flags, camera settings, metadata such as location or keyword, and file. Click an option to include it in your search and see a list of possible values for the chosen facet. To know more, see Search photos.
- Get faster rendition of preview photos when you edit Dehaze, Clarity, Exposure, and White Balance sliders.
- Lightroom offers options to share selected photos or albums to White House Custom Color and Blurb, other than Adobe Portfolio. To learn more, see Share to White House Custom Color or Blurb.
- With GPU acceleration enabled, you can preview the post-crop vignette effect in real time while cropping a photo. To view the latest system requirements for GPU features, see System requirements for GPU features.
- You can now select photos in the grid view and press the Delete key to delete the selected photos.
- To import, drag photos from your desktop into Lightroom.
- When you rate or flag photos, press Shift + the respective keyboard shortcut to flag or rate the photo and automatically advance to the next photo.
Lightroom for mobile (iOS)
- You can copy and paste settings to multiple selected photos, at once. To know more, see Copy and paste edits.
- You can now export videos in Lightroom for mobile (iOS). See export videos to know more.
- Sign in to the app using your Apple ID, other than using the Facebook and Google sign-in options.
- View profiles of people who have authored interactive tutorials. In the Home view, tap an author's name from a tutorial's thumbnail to access their profile where you can find a collated list of their tutorials.
- Access Radial Gradient and Spot Healing Brush tool tutorials in the Home view. To know more about interactive tutorials, see In-app learning and inspiration.
Lightroom for mobile (Android)
In the Home view, you can find the following enhancements for interactive, step-by-step tutorials:
- Access Radial Gradient and Spot Healing Brush tool tutorials.
- Choose to not enter feedback at the end of a tutorial. Click the Skip button in the feedback dialog box to do this.
- A badge that says 'Done' is displayed for the completed tutorials.
To know more about interactive tutorials, see Gets hands-on experience with interactive tutorials.