Packed with tons of powerful features, Adobe RoboHelp offers you a thoughtfully designed, clean, and easy-to-use workspace. Quickly create content with all the elements you need, build efficiency with single-sourcing and content reusability, and publish your project in a desired output type. You can also collaborate with multiple authors in a project.
A. Menu bar B. Author toolbar C. Project component panel (for example: Contents panel) D. Open topic E. Properties panel F. Standard toolbar
The menu bar provides access to the File, Edit, View, Collaborate, and Help menus.
File menu Create, open, save, and close a project. You can also find options to import Word document and Captivate video, upgrade RoboHelp Classic project, configure project settings, and exit project.
Edit menu Cut, copy, paste, undo, and redo content. You can also find options to select all, copy and clear formatting, and edit application preferences.
View menu Find options to view Properties panel, starter screen, condition tags, variables, and view topics by title. You can also view options to Toggle Full Screen and change the application theme.
Collaborate menu You can find options to add and open connections to share your project for collaboration in a multi-author system.
Help menu You can find options to access Help resources, manage your account, sign out from RoboHelp, update your application, and view the RoboHelp About dialog box.
Project component panel
When you click a project component on the Author toolbar, the project component panel opens and allows you to manage that component. You can find the following project components in the Author toolbar:
- Contents panel This panel lists the topics in a project and provides options to add, rename, and edit topic properties. You can also create folders and subfolders to organize the topics. To know more about how to work with topics, see Work with topics and folders.
- Table of Contents panel This includes the hierarchy of the folders, subfolders, and topics in a project. You can reorder the folders and organize your content in a strategic manner for easy user navigation in your output. You can edit, rename, and delete a Table of Contents. To know more, see Create, edit, and format a Table of Contents.
- Index panel This panel lists the index in your project. You can add, rename, edit, and delete an index. To know more, see Create and manage an index.
- Glossary panel Lists the glossary terms in your project. You can add, edit, rename, or delete a glossary item. To know more, see Create and manage a glossary.
- Condition Tags panel This panel lists the assigned condition tags in your project. You can add, edit, and delete a conditional tag. To know more, see Create and apply condition tags.
- Variables panel This panel displays all the variables that are assigned values in your project. You can add, edit, or delete a variable. To know more, see Create and use variables for easy updates.
- Snippets panel This panel displays the snippets in your project. You can create, edit, or delete snippets. To know more, see Work with snippets.
- Master Pages panel This panel displays the master pages in your project. You can create, edit, duplicate, delete, import, or export master pages. To know more, see Work with master pages.
- Browse Sequences panel This panel displays the browse sequences in your project. You can create, edit, rename, or delete browse sequences. To know more, see Create and manage browse sequences.
- Reports panel Includes options to generate reports such as Topic List, Project Status, Variables, Condition Tags, Broken links, and more. You can edit, download, and print a desired report. To know more about reports, see Generate reports.
While authoring a topic in a project, the panel displayed on the right side of the screen is the Properties panel. This panel contains the following tabs:
- General You can find options to edit font, alignment, border, layout, and background. To know more, see Format your content.
- Styles You can find options to edit various types of styles such as paragraph style, character style, hyperlink style, and more.
- Topic You can find options to edit topic properties. To know more, see Topic properties.
As you adjust a property of a selected object, like an image, you can see the content changes in real time. You can hide or display the Properties panel by choosing View > Properties Panel or click Toggle Right Pane on the Standard toolbar.
The Standard toolbar appears below the menu bar and includes three toolsets:
- The first toolset is a set of tabs and icons at the left side of the standard toolbar. This includes Author and Output tabs, and Save All, Undo, Redo, Find Files, and Find and Replace icons.
- The second toolset is the set of icons at the center of the standard toolbar. This contains various options to quickly format content such as inserting bulleted and numbered lists, images, multimedia, and more. To know more, see Format your content.
- The last toolset is the set of icons at the right side of the standard toolbar. This contains various view options such as Author, Source, and Preview. It also includes Quick Generate and Toggle Right Pane. The Quick Generate dialog box allows you to select and configure an output preset of your choice and generate your output. To know more about generating output, see Generate output.