Release date: April 11, 2017
Vulnerability identifier: APSB17-10
Priority: See table below
CVE number: CVE-2017-3058, CVE-2017-3059, CVE-2017-3060, CVE-2017-3061, CVE-2017-3062, CVE-2017-3063, CVE-2017-3064
Platform: Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS. These updates address critical vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||22.214.171.124 and earlier||Windows, Macintosh and Linux|
|Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome||126.96.36.199 and earlier||Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS|
|Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11||188.8.131.52 and earlier||Windows 10 and 8.1|
- To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings and recommends users update their installation to the newest version:
|Product||Updated Versions||Platform||Priority rating||Availability|
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||184.108.40.206||Windows and Macintosh||1||Flash Player Download Center
Flash Player Distribution
|Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome||220.127.116.11||Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS||1||Google Chrome Releases|
|Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11||18.104.22.168||Windows 10 and 8.1||1||Microsoft Security Advisory|
|Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime||22.214.171.124||Linux||3||Flash Player Download Center|
- Adobe recommends users of the Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime for Windows, Macintosh and Linux update to Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 via the update mechanism within the product  or by visiting the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
- Adobe Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will be automatically updated to the latest Google Chrome version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS.
- Adobe Flash Player installed with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 and 8.1 will be automatically updated to the latest version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206.
- Please visit the Flash Player Help page for assistance in installing Flash Player.
 Users who have selected the option to 'Allow Adobe to install updates' will receive the update automatically. Users who do not have the 'Allow Adobe to install updates' option enabled can install the update via the update mechanism within the product when prompted.
- These updates resolve use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-3058, CVE-2017-3059, CVE-2017-3062, CVE-2017-3063).
- These updates resolve memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-3060, CVE-2017-3061, CVE-2017-3064).
Adobe would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for reporting the relevant issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers:
- Mateusz Jurczyk and Natalie Silvanovich of Google Project Zero (CVE-2017-3061, CVE-2017-3064)
- Anonymously reported via Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2017-3059)
- willj from Tencent PC Manager working with Trend Micro’s Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2017-3063)
- b5e4b07ed250ac8014390628445b0d26 working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2017-3060)
- bee13oy of CloverSec Labs working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2017-3058)
- Yuki Chen of 360 Vulcan Team working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (CVE-2017-3062)
Adobe would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for reporting these issues and for working with Adobe to help protect our customers:
- Dhanesh Kizhakkinan of FireEye as well as Peter Pi of TrendMicro (CVE-2015-5122)
- Peter Pi of TrendMicro as well as slipstream/RoL (@TheWack0lian) (CVE-2015-5123)