After you add an SWC compiled with Flash CS3 Professional to the Flex Builder library build path of the project, design view no longer works.
The Flex debugger does not work with Adobe Flash Player 9 (126.96.36.199) in the Mozilla browser.
Install the patch that allows the Flex SDK and Flex Builder to use SWF files and SWCs created by Flash CS3 Professional. After you apply the patch, you can take classes and symbols compiled with Flash CS3 Professional and compile them into an application built with flex. You can also take classes and libraries compiled with Flex and use them in a Flash CS3 Professional project.
In addition, this patch allows Flex Builder and the Flex debugger (fdb) to function correctly when running or debugging with Flash Player 9 (188.8.131.52) in the Mozilla browser.
The Flex 2.0.1 patch for Adobe Flash CS3 Professional compatibility is delivered as a zipped file containing the following files:
You install the .jar files manually.
To update the SDK on Windows, Mac OS and Unix:
- Browse to your Flex Builder Flex 2 SDK installation \lib folder, typically found here:
- Windows stand-alone: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2\lib
- Windows plug-in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2 Plug-in\Flex SDK 2\lib
- Mac OS stand-alone: Applications/Adobe Flex Builder 2/Flex SDK 2/lib
- Mac OS plug-in: Applications/Adobe Flex Builder 2 Plugin-in / Flex SDK 2/ lib
- Browse to the lib directory in \com.adobe.flexbuilder.flex_2.0.155577 plug-in, typically found here:
- Windows stand-alone: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.flex_2.0.155577\lib
- Windows plug-in: eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.flex_2.0.155577\lib
- Mac OS stand-alone: Applications/plugins/com.adobe.com.flex_2.0.155577/ib
- Mac OS plug-in eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flexbuilder.flex_2.0.155577/lib