When you try to digitally sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat 8 or 9 on Windows, the application returns the error message "Creation of this signature could not be completed. Platform Exception." The error message is followed by one of these expressions:
- "Object already exists. Error Code: 2148073487"
- "Keyset does not exist. Error Code: 2148073494"
- "Key not valid for use in specified state. Error code: 2148073483"
In Windows Explorer, do one of the following:
- On Windows XP, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft.
- On Windows Vista, navigate to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
Note: These paths include hidden folders. To make hidden folders visible, see Show hidden files and folders in Windows 10 and earlier.