In Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for mobile (iOS), you can directly access and edit a photo of your choice from the Camera Roll on your device before importing it into Lightroom.
Directly access and import photos (including raw images) from your camera, camera memory card, or compatible USB media to Lightroom for mobile (iOS). For more information, see Supported storage devices.
To import photos directly into Lightroom, follow these steps:
Selects all the images displayed in the import interface. This option is enabled once all the thumbnails of the images from the connected device are loaded.
In the Copying complete dialog box, you can decide to keep the copied photos in the attached media or delete them. To keep the copied photos in the attached camera or SD card, tap Keep. To delete them, tap Delete.
Safely disconnect the attached media when you get the notification in the bottom of the screen.
The imported photos and videos can be viewed in the assigned album, All Photos, or in Recently Added.
- If you are unable to connect your camera to your mobile device, try to import photos directly from your camera memory card.
- Your mobile device needs to run on iOS 13.3 or later to delete the copied photos from the attached camera or SD card.
If the attached photo storage media is compatible with the iOS device, it should work with Lightroom. The following types of storage devices are supported with Lightroom:
- SD camera memory card: Use the USB-C to SD Card Camera Reader or the Lightning to SD Card Reader, depending on your iOS device.
- Other types of camera memory cards, such as XQD or Compact Flash, that can be read by compatible third-party card readers.
- Camera via Apple's USB Camera Adapter.
Most cameras need to be plugged into Apple’s USB Camera Adapter and turned on. However, some cameras may need to be connected in PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) mode in camera settings. Please consult your camera user manual to learn more about USB connectivity.
Photos must be placed in the DCIM folder and it is recommended that the storage media uses ExFAT or FAT32 file system.
You can directly add photos to Lightroom from other apps such as Apple Photos or Google Photos. To do this, follow these steps: