Supported features when you open Photoshop files in XD
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- Color Management
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
A complete list of features that are supported when you open a Photoshop file in XD.
XD brings in Photoshop elements and effects that can be mapped to XD’s functionality, the rest are either rasterized or not transferred yet to the XD file.
The XD team is working to improve this feature. Let us know your feedback on UserVoice.
Here is a complete list of supported and unsupported features when you open a Photoshop file in XD.
|Supported in XD?
|Shapes and paths
|Only Gaussian blur is supported
|Fills and shadows
|The following fills are not supported:
The following drop and inner shadow properties are not supported:
Transparency stops and middle points for gradient fills are not supported.
|Gradients and patterns are not supported.
The following gradients are not supported:
Transparency stops and middle points converted in regular stops are not supported
The following effects are rasterized when transferred to XD:
The following are not supported:
Layer masks are imported as masking rectangles in XD.
|Effects on vector shapes override the shape’s original fill. Each overlay effect is converted into a Boolean group when transferred to XD.
|First composition operation other than “add” is not imported.
Artboard presets, artboard grids, and guides are not transferred to the XD file.
The following text features are not supported:
Smart objects are converted into layers with high fidelity and editability.
|Adjustment layers are flattened and the effects are carried over.