Welcome to Adobe Fireworks CS6. This document contains known issues and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Fireworks documentation. See Adobe Support for late-breaking information and known issues for all Creative Suite 6 applications.
- If you want to copy objects from Adobe Illustrator to Fireworks, change the color format from CMYK to RGB. Fireworks supports only the RGB color format.
- If you have installed CS4, CS5, or CS6 and then uninstalled CS4 and CS5, you get the following error when you start Fireworks CS6:
"Your user privileges do not allow Fireworks to update your registry" warning message.'
Discard the message by clicking OK.
- On Mac OS, the Fill color preview does not display the opacity. The Opacity field is provided as a text box instead of a slider.
- On Windows, if your user profile has non-default TEMP folder paths, when using the Photoshop Live Filter feature, you receive the following errors:
- Internal error occurred
- Could not render database
- Could not complete your request. An error occurred.
As a workaround, reset the TEMP folder to the default location.
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Select Advanced > Environment Variables.
- Ensure that the TEMP and TMP variables are pointing to the following directories:
TEMP = %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Temp
TMP = %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\LocalTemp
- The Image Preview window is not displayed completely by default on Netbooks with 1024 x 600 resolution.
- Fireworks CS6 provides new symbols for various categories, such as Wireframe, Icons, jQuery Bootstrap, and Gesture. Names of the folders that contain the symbols are localized. However, the symbol names are not localized.
To support the display of all characters of the Chinese standard GB18030 on Windows XP systems, Adobe recommends the installation of the Microsoft GB18030 Support Package. This support package updates an XP system with, among other things, fonts and input-method-editors (IMEs) to correctly support GB18030. The support package is available as a download from the Microsoft website. (#BG061690)
On Windows XP (Simplified Chinese), because the application’s default Chinese font is SimSun, 4-byte GB18030 characters aren’t displayed correctly. As a workaround, use the two scripts provided with Fireworks CS6 installer (SetNewUIFont and ClearNewUIFont) for GB18030 standard support. These two scripts are installed at the following location: [drive:]/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Fireworks CS6/Simplified Chinese/.
To set the user interface font to enable 4-byte GB18030 characters, do the following:
Note: Restart Windows after running these scripts.
- Fireworks CS6 does not display 4-byte characters in the document tab’s title on Windows XP. As a workaround, name the titles with ASCII or 2-byte Chinese characters.
- On Windows XP and Vista, some 2-byte and all 4-byte characters aren't correctly pasted to Illustrator when you use the Copy Path Outlines feature in Fireworks.
- On Windows XP and Vista, some 2-byte and all 4-byte characters sometimes don't display correctly in the Create Slideshow dialog when entered from the keyboard.
- On Windows XP, some 2-byte and all 4-byte characters sometimes don't display correctly in the HTML Slice on the canvas.
© 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.