Use Adobe Illustrator Draw to create free-form vector illustrations on your mobile phone, tablet, or Chromebook. Draw provides five vector pens, an eraser, and up to ten drawing layers to unleash your creativity. Draw also works with Adobe Capture CC to incorporate color themes and vector-based shapes that can be edited with Adobe Illustrator CC on your desktop.
How can I get Adobe Illustrator Draw?
Draw is currently available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Brazilian, Portuguese, Polish, Czech, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Chinese (Traditional), Norwegian, and Turkish.
Visit the Adobe Illustrator Draw page on the iTunes App Store or Google Play for the most up-to-date system requirements.
Do I need to own Adobe Ink and Slide to use Draw?
Does Draw support other pressure-sensitive pens?
Yes. Draw supports the following pressure-sensitive pens: Adonit Jot Touch 4, Adonit Jot Touch with Pixel Point, Wacom Intuos Creative Styluses, Pencil by FiftyThree, and Apple Pencil.
Please note that Apple Pencil is only supported on iPad Pro.
Draw also supports the palm rejection feature of the Adonit Jot Script.
Do I need a Creative Cloud account to use Draw?
You need either a free or paid Creative Cloud membership. If you’re not already a member, you can sign up for a free Creative Cloud membership. If you're using a Google Chromebook, create an Adobe ID if you don't have one and then login.
Where can I find more information about Draw?
How do I learn to use Adobe Illustrator Draw?
How do I add or edit a project?
You can group drawings into projects. Within a project, you can reorder the drawings or rename the project.
- To add a new project, tap the + icon located on the left bar. A new project with five blank
- Tap the name to rename the project.
- Drag the handles to reorder the drawings within the project.
How do I delete drawings from a project?
How do I share a project on Behance?
- From the project banner, tap the Share icon.
- Tap Continue to Share. Drawings from the current project are displayed.
- Tap Edit to add or remove drawings. You can also add other files from Creative Cloud, Camera Roll, or even take a picture using the camera. Tap Continue.
- Select a cover image and tap Continue.
- Enter the information and tap Publish.
How do I add my color themes from Creative Cloud Libraries?
You can use color themes created using the Adobe Capture app to specify the color for each drawing tool.
- Tap a drawing tool to select it.
- Tap Color to open the Color Themes panel.
- Tap + to Add Color Themes.
- Tap My Color and tap the color themes to select them.
- Tap accept to add the selected color themes.
How do I add shapes from Creative Cloud Libraries?
You can add shapes to Creative Cloud Libraries using the Adobe Capture CC app.
- On a drawing. tap the Shapes icon located on the top bar. The Shapes panel opens.
- Tap My Library. Tap Change Library to select another library.
- Use Touch Slide to cycle through the shapes in the library, and place them on the canvas.
Note: Touch Slide is not currently available for iPhone and Android.
- Double-tap the shape to add it.
How do I add assets from Creative Cloud Market?
You can download an asset from Creative Cloud Market, add it to a Library, and place it on your drawing.
- Tap the Add Layer icon.
- Tap Photo Layer and then choose From Market.
Note: Market is currently not available for Android.
- Browse locate an asset and then tap Download.
- Choose a Creative Cloud Library. You can also create a library.
- Tap Open. The asset is placed in your drawing.
What are the differences between Draw for iPad, iPhone, and Android?
How do I send a drawing to desktop?
If required, you can send a drawing to Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC for further editing or finishing.
- Tap Share.
- Tap Send to Photoshop or Send to Illustrator.
Are there features not supported for Android?
How do I access Adobe Stock?
How do I access perspective grids and graph grids in Draw?
To access grids in Adobe Illustrator Draw:
- Tap the grid icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Move the button to the right to enable grids. Move it to the left to disable them.
- Tap the Adjust button to change the grid spacing.
- To access two-point perspective or graph grid options, tap the 'Other Grids' option.
Why did Adobe replace Ideas with Illustrator Draw?
Adobe Ideas was one of the first Adobe apps available for the iPhone when it first shipped in May 2010. Since then, mobile app design and processing power have made great advances. We’ve invested in new design patterns and capabilities with the introduction of Photoshop Sketch, Illustrator Line, Photoshop Mix and other apps. We wanted to combine the core drawing elements that have powered Adobe Ideas with these new capabilities and deliver that in an experience consistent with our other mobile drawing apps. Draw puts all your favorite vector drawing tools and features from Adobe Ideas in a familiar, modern interface. It also includes support for Creative Cloud Libraries, so you can easily turn any idea or inspiration into a gorgeous design – and take it further on your mobile device, your desktop, or both. Learn more on the Adobe Illustrator Draw product page.
What new features are available in Illustrator Draw?
Draw offers the core drawing elements and favorite tools and controls from Ideas, but adds a number of new features including support for Creative Cloud Libraries and the ability to draw perfectly straight lines, circles, ellipses, squares, rectangles and triangles as well as other shapes. Plus, using Adobe Capture CC, Draw users can capture shapes they see in the world around them as vectors and use them in Draw illustrations. Learn more on the Adobe Illustrator Draw product page.
How can I migrate my existing Ideas artwork to Draw?
On December 1, 2014 automatic syncing of Ideas files to Creative Cloud was disabled. If customers synced prior to December 1, they can download Illustrator Draw, open it and go to Settings > Import Ideas Files > Fetch All Files. This will import their synced Ideas files from their Creative Cloud assets folder into Draw.
If you have Ideas files on your iPad that aren’t uploaded to Creative Cloud, you can easily upload them. Launch Adobe Ideas and tap on the Cloud icon in the upper right corner of the screen. You can then select one or more Ideas files and upload them to Creative Cloud. Once uploaded to Creative Cloud, you can import them into Draw by launching Draw and going to Settings > Import Ideas Files.
Can I continue to use Adobe Ideas?
Adobe will no longer update or support Adobe Ideas on new versions of iOS. Adobe Ideas users will be able to install and use Ideas, but new users will not be able to install the application. Adobe Illustrator Draw puts all your favorite vector drawing tools and features from Adobe Ideas in a familiar, modern interface. Visit the Creative Cloud Blog for tips on making the switch from Ideas to Draw: http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/from-ideas-to-draw-making-the-switch/.