In the Property Inspector, select the toggle button to switch ON responsive resize. The default behavior is OFF. However, if you select groups, individual elements, multi-selections, and all other elements in an artboard, responsive resize is set to ON and you can select OFF to disable responsive resize.
If you set the resize option to OFF:
- You can select Auto or Manual options. Select Manual to view the constraints for the selected artboard.
- Constraints are disabled for all children in the tree (not just immediate children).
- Artboards retain the same default behavior of adding additional space when resized.
Though responsive resize is the default resize behavior for multi-selection and group resizing, you can:
- Use the Shift key to override the responsive behavior for a normal (scaling) resize and achieve an aspect-ratio locked scale.
- Switch OFF responsive resize in the Property Inspector.
By default, responsive resize is turned off for artboards; users can turn it on and responsively resize artboards.