Install updates for Acrobat and Reader
Last updated on Sep 28, 2022 02:51:11 PM GMT | Also Applies to Reader
Adobe recommends that users update to the latest version to take advantage of security and stability improvements. Updates can be installed as described below.
For information about the latest version, see the Release Notes.
Updating automatically from the product
To install Adobe Reader and Acrobat updates from Adobe Updater, do the following:
- Launch Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- Choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.
Updating Adobe Reader on the web
- Open Reader and choose Help > About Adobe Reader. Note your product version.
- Go to the Adobe Reader Downloads page. The web page automatically detects your OS and Reader version.
- If the web page indicates that a newer version is available, choose Install Now.
- Click the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
Updating Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat manually
Installers for all supported products also appear on the product download pages (except for the full Acrobat). You can download and manually install these products as follows:
- Open the product.
- Choose Help > About Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Note the version.
- Close the product.
- If you do not have the latest version installed, download the needed installer from the following locations:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader full installers and updates for Windows and macOS
- Adobe Acrobat updates for Windows and macOS
- Click the installer to download it. After the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.