Update required | Photoshop and Premiere Elements
Find solutions to the error message "Your browser or operating system is no longer supported" while installing or launching Element products.
When you are trying to install or log in to Adobe Photoshop or Premiere Elements, you see the following error message:
Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.”
Internet Explorer 10 Support Deprecation:
Earlier versions of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements relied on Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) for Sign-In workflows required during installation and licensing. As Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) Adobe IMS Authentication has now deprecated support against this version of Internet Explorer.
Adobe is also moving away from supporting Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) based licensing workflows, and the latest release of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements would not face any issue. Still, if you are using an older version of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements, you may face licensing and signing-in challenges. The below article details the workaround to be applied to fix these issues.
Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10). As such, Adobe will not fix issues reported against these specific versions of Internet Explorer.
Solutions to Try:
Applicable for both Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements.
Ensure that Internet Explorer 11 is installed with TLS 1.2 enabled and Operating System should be updated to the latest version.
- Quit Installer/Adobe Applications if running
- Download the following file: https://prdl-download.adobe.com/Framemaker/428037A8066D4558A7EF7D7D06CB5B72/1600836995996/AASIapp.exe
- Copy (and overwrite) the extracted executable to the following location: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7
- Relaunch Installer
If any of the above does not work, then follow the steps below:
- Add Set-up.exe and AASIApp.exe in the registry at the below locations:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]
- Add DWORD 32 bit and add Set-up.exe under name and value as 2af8 on the above-mentioned registry locations.
- Add DWORD 32 bit and add AASIApp.exe under name and value as 2af8 on the above-mentioned registry locations
- Re-run the installer.
In case if nothing works from above and you have any other Adobe Application, please try to log in from that Application and relaunch the Adobe Elements Installer/Application.