With Adobe Fresco, you get a large collection of brushes, both raster and vector. Mixer brushes that are added within pixel brushes help you create realistic painting experience within your artworks. Coupled with great blending and mixing properties, mixer brushes help you blend and mix multiple colors on the canvas simultaneously.
|Mixer brush||Oil brush||Pixel brush|
|Natural blending style to create aesthetic paintings||Thick and creamy impasto effect||Grunge, Foliage, Halftone effects, and so on|
To access the collection of mixer brushes, use the Pixel Brushes in the toolbar.
Want to add more brushes to your collection? You can import brushes from Kyle T. Webster's collection of brushes and also add Photoshop-based mixer brushes created and saved to your Creative Cloud library.
- From the list of mixer brushes, select the required mixer brush.
- Change the brush size, flow, and smoothing as required.
- From the Color panel, adjust the color and opacity.
- Tap the Brush settings icon and fine-tune the brush settings.
As you change the settings of a mixer brush, you can draw and preview the effect live. The following options are available in the Brush settings panel.
- Spacing Use the slider to adjust the spacing of your brush.
- Shape dynamics Set the size, angle, and roundness of the brush.
- Scattering Choose an option to control how you want the brush tip to scatter along the axes to create a spraylike stroke.
- Transfer Choose an option to control how the paint changes over the course of a stroke.
- Mixing Choose an option to control how the paint mixes. For example, Wet controls the amount of paint the brush picks up from the canvas.
After the mixer brush type is set, you can blend and paint using multiple colors on the same layer. Go ahead and discover the joy of creating realistic paintings using mixer brushes.
Now that you've learnt the basics of mixer brushes, check out this post on Adobe Fresco Community for a detailed procedure on how to create paintings using mixer brushes.
We've got you started with mixer brushes in Adobe Fresco. The interface of Adobe Fresco is intuitive; we hope you will find it easy to unleash your creativity with pixel brushes, live brushes, vector brushes, colors, and more.
If you have a question to ask or an idea to share, come and participate in Adobe Fresco Community. We would love to hear from you and see your creations.
Don't forget to showcase your work on Behance and seek inspiration from others work as well.