Get to know the Home screen
- Photoshop Elements User Guide
- Introduction to Photoshop Elements
- Workspace and environment
- Fixing and enhancing photos
- Resize images
- Process camera raw image files
- Add blur, replace colors, and clone image areas
- Adjust shadows and light
- Retouch and correct photos
- Sharpen photos
- Auto Smart Tone
- Using actions to process photos
- Photomerge Compose
- Create a panorama
- Moving Overlays
- Moving Elements
- Adding shapes and text
- Guided edits, effects, and filters
- Guided mode
- Guided mode Photomerge edits
- Guided mode Basic edits
- Adjustment filters
- Guided mode Fun edits
- Guided mode Special edits
- Artistic filters
- Guided mode Color edits
- Guided mode Black & White edits
- Blur filters
- Brush Stroke filters
- Distort filters
- Other filters
- Noise filters
- Render filters
- Sketch filters
- Stylize filters
- Texture filters
- Pixelate filters
- Working with colors
- Working with selections
- Working with layers
- Creating photo projects
- Saving, printing, and sharing photos
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Keys for selecting tools
- Keys for selecting and moving objects
- Keys for the Layers panel
- Keys for showing or hiding panels (expert mode)
- Keys for painting and brushes
- Keys for using text
- Keys for the Liquify filter
- Keys for transforming selections
- Keys for the Color Swatches panel
- Keys for the Camera Raw dialog box
- Keys for the Filter Gallery
- Keys for using blending modes
- Keys for viewing images (expertmode)
Access Help resources for features, customize and share Auto Creations, try out new workflows, and do more from the Adobe Photoshop Elements Home screen.
When you launch Elements 2019, the Home screen helps you to easily get started with Elements applications. The Home screen showcases a carousel of cards to help you discover new features, try out exciting features, and explore and personalize Auto Creations. You can also quickly search for Help resources of your desired features. The Home screen also allows you to start from scratch with one of the Elements applications.
In the upper-right corner of the Home screen, you can click or to visit the Elements pages on Facebook and Twitter. If you need to contact Adobe Customer Care, click .
The Home screen has all the resources to get you up and running with your Elements app.
In the Windows Application Store version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, the Video Editor (Adobe Premiere Elements) is not available. Hence, video projects are not supported in this version.
Get started with the Home screen
When you launch the latest release of an Elements app for the first time, you can view the Last Used Version section on the Home screen. In this section, you can do one of the following:
- For Adobe Photoshop Elements, select your previously used version in the Select Version drop-down list of Photoshop Elements and click Confirm.
- For Adobe Premiere Elements, select your previously used version in the Select Version drop-down list of Premiere Elements and click Confirm.
- Apart from selecting the previously used version in the Select Version drop-down list:
- If you don't remember your previously used Elements version, select Don't Know.
- If you are a new user, select First Time User.
- In the Windows Application Store version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, the Select Version drop-down list for Premiere Elements is unavailable.
Explore and customize Auto Creations
Auto Creations, or auto-generated creations, are available to you on the Home screen. Under the section Auto Creations, you can view auto-created photo collages, slideshows, video collages, and Candid Moments. Click View All or use the number icons below the Auto Creations thumbnail to view all the auto-created projects.
Auto Creations are created with media (photos or videos) that you've imported. If you haven't imported any media, click Add media under Auto Creations on the Home screen and upload photos and videos. After sometime, relaunch the app to view Auto Creations in the Home screen.
To know more about how to edit and share Auto Creations, see View and share auto-created photo collages, slideshows, and more.
In the Windows Application Store version of Adobe Photoshop Elements, video creations such as video collages and Candid Moments are not supported.
Discover features and their Help resources
Learn new features
In the carousel of cards displayed in the upper part of the Home screen, you can find information about newer features in your Elements app. The cards are labeled What's New and have a blue tag. Use the arrows on the left and right side of the carousel to discover resources on new features. Hover over a What's new card and click Open Link. You can then access relevant Help resources to learn more about the feature. The What's new cards are also updated from time to time based on your actions in the app.
Find out exciting features
In the carousel of cards displayed in the upper part of the Home screen, you can find cards labeled Inspiration with an orange tag. These cards help you to discover fun features and access resources for the same. Use the arrows on the left and right side of the carousel to view these cards. Hover over a desired Inspiration card and click View. You can then access relevant resources to learn about the desired feature.
Try out exciting features
The carousel of cards displayed in the upper part of the Home screen includes Try This cards (with green tags). These cards help you try many exciting features. The features can range from basic to advanced and are updated based on the actions that you perform in the app. Use the arrows on the left and right side of the carousel to access the Try this cards. To try out a feature, hover over the feature thumbnail on the Try this card and click Try. The Elements app is then launched and an onboarding coach-mark guides you through the steps to achieve your desired result.
Search for Help resources of features
On the Home screen, use the Search bar at the top to quickly search and find Help documentation or tutorials of your desired features. You can search projects such as slideshow, photo collage, greeting card, and more.
Open your desired Elements application
You can open any of the three Elements apps from the Home screen. Click the icon of the desired Elements app to open and work with it. From the Home screen, you can open the following:
- Elements Organizer (Organizer) to import and manage media (photos and videos) files
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Photo Editor) to create and work with photo projects
- Adobe Premiere Elements (Video Editor) to create and work with video projects
Access recent files
You can access your project files in one of the Elements apps that you recently worked on, from the Home screen. This way you can quickly work with the project from where you left it. Elements displays up to six project files under Recent Files on the Home screen.
Ensure that you save your project file each time you exit the app. When you re-launch the app, you can pick it from where you left it from the Home screen.