Troubleshooting & help
Adobe Aero is the only all in one augmented reality (AR) authoring and viewing platform that makes it easier for designers and developers to design, collaborate, and publish interactive immersive experiences in the real world.
To learn more about Aero, see What is Adobe Aero.
You can bring in your own photos, layered files, audio, or other 2D and 3D content. Aero optimizes imported PSD, JPEG, OBJ, GLB, FBX, GIF, PNG Sequence, WAV, and MP3 assets for AR. You can also bring in assets from Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dimension.
To know more about supported file formats in Aero, see Supported file formats.
You can share AR experiences that are created using Aero with stakeholders and reviewers using one or more of the following options:
- Quick link (including QR code)
- Image or video
You can download the Aero mobile (iOS) app from the Apple App Store. You can download Aero on the desktop from the Creative Cloud website. If prompted, sign in to your Adobe account, then click either Download or Install for your app. For more information, see Download your Creative Cloud apps.
Aero mobile (iOS) is available on all devices that support ARKit 2 and iOS 13 or later and is recommended for use on the following devices:
- iPhone 8 Plus and above.
iPad (devices with A11 ARM chip or higher).
iPad and iPad mini 5th generation and above.
iPad Air 3rd generation and above.
- iPad Pro 2nd generation and above.
- An internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, and access to online services.
Aero desktop is available on both Windows and Mac machines. We recommend the following:
- Win 10 64-bit 1903 (Windows 10 64-bit May 2019 Update, build 10.0.18362)
- Intel 7thGen or newer CPU - or AMD equivalent
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and above
- Intel 6thGen or newer CPU