The March update to Animate CC release offers you enhancements to HTML5 Canvas template, new icon support for AIR Android and fixes to critical issues.
For more information, see What's New for Animate CC | March 2016 release.
This release of Animate CC provides you the following features and enhancements. For more information about these features, see What's New for Animate CC | February 2016 release:
- Creative Cloud Libraries
- Adobe Stock integration for high-quality images, illustrations, and graphics
- TypeKit support for HTML5 Canvas document type
- New vector art brushes
- Improvements to pencil and art brushes
- Brush Library panel
- Tagged Swatches
- Custom templates for HTML5 Canvas documents
- OAM publishing support for AS3, WebGL, and HTML5 Canvas documents
- Publish text as outlines in HTML5 Canvas documents
- Projector support
- Stage scaling
- Rotate your stage
- Import SVG files
- Enhanced drawing object bounding box
- Video export to multiple resolutions
- Contents scale proportionately to stage size
- Enhanced Onion Skinning
- HTML5 Canvas improvements
For detailed documentation, see Animate Help.
For the latest system requirements visit https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html
In addition to the Adobe Animate CC system requirements, applications created using AIR for iOS will only run on devices that support iOS 4.2 or higher and iPod Touch 3rd & 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5, and iPad 2 & 3.
Applications created and published from Animate CC for Android platforms will run on devices that run Google Android™ 2.3 operating system or higher. For a list of the latest certified devices, please visit www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/
For detailed instructions on installation, visit the installation page
Note: If you are updating from previous versions of Flash Professional, this latest version will be found on your computer as Adobe Animate CC (not Adobe Flash).
Creative Cloud trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by signing up for a subscription. You are required to be online and log-in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
You can download the Custom Platform Support SDK and sample plugin from Enabling Custom Platform Support.
The Adobe Add-ons site provides a range of add-ons to your Creative Cloud products. Visit the Animate page at https://creative.adobe.com/addons?pp=FLPR to download and install useful extensions for Animate CC.
- For queries specific to Adobe Animate, visit http://forums.adobe.com/community/animate.
- To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software visit http://www.adobe.com/go/download_forums_en
- For product help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support, visit http://helpx.adobe.com/en/animate.html
- For general Adobe Forums, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support_en
To read about the latest developments about Animate, smart tips and tricks, information about webinars and events, visit the Adobe Animate Blog at: http://blogs.adobe.com/animate
To submit feature request and bugs for Animate, in http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/ URL, select Adobe Animate CC (Formerly Flash Professional) from the product drop down list and complete the Wishform.
Animate CC supports the publishing of AIR applications for Android so developers can deliver applications to Google Play. Developers will need to establish an account with the Android Market to publish their application. For more information, visit http://market.android.com/publish to set up an account.
Developers can deliver applications built with AIR for iOS to the Apple App Store. This requires the developer to be a member of the iOS Developer Program and follow the program guidelines.
A developer certificate from Apple is required in order to test and deploy applications to iOS devices. Apple provides information on its developer programs at http://developer.apple.com/ios/
For the latest information about Adobe AIR releases, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_air_relnotes_en