Adobe Audition can open audio files in the following formats:
Audio import formats
- AAC (including HE-AAC)
- AIF, AIFF, AIFC (including files with up to 32 channels)
There are many different variations of AIFF format. Audition can open all uncompressed AIFF files and most common compressed versions.
To see Author metadata in AIFF files, view the Dublin Core: Creator field on the XMP tab of the Metadata panel. (See Viewing and editing XMP metadata.)
- CAF (all uncompressed and most compressed versions)
- MP3 (including MP3-surround files)
- OGA, OGG
- WAV (including files with up to 32 channels)
There are many different variations of WAV format. Adobe Audiition can open all uncompressed WAV files and most common compressed versions.
- WMA (Windows only, and enabled with DLMS Format Support in Media & Disk Cache preferences)
Video import formats
The Waveform Editor lets you open the audio portion of video files in the formats below. The Multitrack Editor lets you insert the same file types and provides a preview in the Video panel.
To access these video formats, install QuickTime. To import additional formats, extend QuickTime support. For more information, see this article on the Apple website.
The following formats are enabled with DLMS Format Support in Media & Disk Cache preferences. This preference is turned on by default.