The Share mode in XD consolidates different sharing capabilities into a centralized location and makes sharing your designs and collaborating with stakeholders and designers a breeze!
You can use the built-in presets, such as Design Review, Development, and Presentation to share your documents, manage your shared links, and use the same URL for multiple share workflows.
Set the Home artboard for your design:
- Define the starting point of navigation to other artboards.
Arrange artboards in the correct sequence:
- Wire the artboards as you would like them to be published in the navigation sequence.
- Confirm if the wired artboards are visually highlighted on the design canvas. Artboards that are wired and not connected to the Home artboard will be grayed out in Share mode.
- For artboards that aren’t wired, the navigation sequence defaults from left to right or top to bottom. If you want to change the navigation sequence, go back to Prototype mode and wire them again.
- If you want to:
- Share a single artboard: select the artboard in the Prototype mode and set it as the Home artboard. Ensure to remove any interactions to other artboards.
- Share all artboards irrespective of wired connections: click the Home icon () in Prototype mode to disable an existing Home artboard.
XD provides scenario-based presets to create sharable links for your designs with ease. For example, when creating a design link for review, all you have to do is select the available preset based on your requirement, copy the created link, and share it with your stakeholders. You no longer have to worry about setting commenting options or navigation controls.
|Design Review||Development||Presentation||User Testing||Custom|
|Get feedback on your design or prototype||Share your design specifications with developers||Optimize for presenting your design to stakeholders||Invite your users to test your design||Customize the viewing experience of your design|
|Default settings for presets|
To create a new public link using Design Review preset as an example, watch this animated illustration.
Now that you have learned how to use a preset to create a new public link, go ahead and try creating a secure private link that only invited people can access.
- Select any one of the presets from View Setting. If you choose Development preset, specify the target platforms, such as iOS, Web, or Android. Need information on other presets? See Work with presets.
- Choose Only invited people and click Create Link. Add your reviewers in the Invite option. If you are an enterprise user, you can share private links to active directory synced groups or user groups owned by the organization. For more information on the prerequisites and settings for group sharing, see Group sharing.
- You can set permissions for the reviewers so that they can reshare the design specs or prototypes shared.
- Can view lets reviewers view and add comments.
- Can share, the default option lets reviewers reshare the design specs or prototypes. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other reviewers who want to access or view the published private link.
- Click Invite.
No, you don't have to create a new link for an XD document. As you change your design or your preset, you can update an existing link that you have shared for review.
Example 1 — If you have created multiple prototypes and shared them for review, all the created links appear in the URL picker. You can now pick and choose any link to update by clicking Update Link.
Once you update the link, the same URL is updated with the latest preset information while preserving previous comments, changes, and conversations.
You can manage published links of your XD document by navigating to Creative Cloud website from XD.
Facing issues with audio playback in the shared prototype links? Ensure that you have followed these steps to enable auto-play for XD in the Safari browser.
As a designer, you can share your designs or prototypes using any of the available sample presets and set permissions to reshare them further. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other set of reviewers who want to access or view the secure private link.
Watch this sample animation to learn how to share your designs for review and help reviewers reshare the designs or prototypes further.
As a reviewer, you can access the review invite from the Creative Cloud application or email and comment on shared designs or prototypes. Watch this animation to learn how to access the review invite and comment on the shared design.
"There are many ways to communicate your ideas with Adobe XD — everything from presenting a prototype flow, to organizing a stakeholder review, or finally delivering specifications as part of the developer handoff. To help you navigate all of these capabilities, we’ve moved to a new share experience and expanded on its functionality" — Dani Beaumont, Principal Product Manager XD.