This is a workaround, not a fix.
The new utility from Adobe,
Navigate to the “Cache Path” folder and inside the “db” sub-folder, check whether the following exist in it:
- compressed_data (folder)
- objects (folder, this should contain an objects.cpo file and its size must be > 0 Kb
- uncompressed_data (folder)
- audio.cpad (file, size > 0 Kb )
- info.cpi (file, size > 0 Kb )
- text.cptd (file, size > 0 Kb )
- thumbnails.cpth (file, size > 0 Kb )
An Adobe Captivate project file can become corrupted for any number of reasons. Listed below are the most common causes of Adobe Captivate file corruption:
- Editing a project on a network drive or network location.
- Closing Adobe Captivate improperly.
- Using an older version of Adobe Captivate.
- Copying and pasting of objects/slides in an older version of Adobe Captivate.
- Using Adobe Captivate on a system that does not meet or exceed system requirements.