Adobe XD and Atlassian Jira bring creative work and teamwork together. With the Adobe XD for Jira add-on, designers can easily share their latest prototypes and design specs with other stakeholders in Jira.
Install and configure Adobe XD for Jira add-on
By default, all the projects within the workspace are enabled to show the add-on within a Jira issue. However, as an admin, you can choose to enable the add-on only for specific projects. To change the default configuration, do the following:
- Go to Manage add-ons page from the sidebar.
- In the User-installed add-ons section, choose Adobe XD for Jira and then click Configure.
The Configure Adobe XD for Jira page lists enabled projects in the left pane and disabled projects in the right pane.
- To disable the add-on in one or more projects, select the projects in the left pane and use the right arrow button to move them in the right pane.
- Click Save. In the confirmation dialog box, click Disable Projects. You can view the add-on if you are part of an enabled project or have access to a Jira issue in the project.
Moving a project from enabled to disabled list removes the Adobe XD add-on from the project. Any content added or referenced using the add-on is also deleted. This action can't be reversed.
Attach a prototype or design spec to a Jira issue
You can attach the following types of Adobe XD links to a Jira issue:
- Design specs
- Password protected prototypes and design specs
- Shared invite prototypes and design specs
To learn how to create a public or private web link to a prototype or design spec in Adobe XD, see Share prototypes and design specs.
Paste the link to the prototype or design spec in the XD input field, and click Attach. To attach more prototypes or design specs, repeat the process.
A preview of the corresponding asset is displayed as a card. You can also add a short description to the asset in the card.
For a private or password protected asset, the preview is not displayed in the card. To see the asset, click View Prototype or View Design Specs in the card, enter the password in the XD asset view page, and then click View.