Adobe Creative Suite 5 and CS5.5 products can be installed silently using an installation mechanism that does not display any messages to the user. This mechanism is primarily for volume-license customers, but retail customers can also perform silent installations.
The Adobe Application Management Enterprise Edition (AAMEE) allows you to create the necessary files for silently installing CS5 and CS5.5 products. The AAMEE produces a folder that contains the files necessary to deploy the product, which includes a MSI wrapper on Windows and a PKG wrapper on Mac OS.
Adobe provides support for the following manual deployment methods for Adobe Creative Suite 5 and CS5.5 products:
- SMS (System Management Server) 2003 and SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) 2007
- ARD (Apple Remote Desktop)
- Running the Adobe Creative Suite 5 or CS5.5 installer silently from a command line on the client machine
Note: The installation source files can be stored remotely or locally for the deployment environment.
For these supported deployment methods, Adobe Technical Support can:
- Supply documentation on performing a silent installation
- Verify the original silent installation is set up and functioning as expected
- Verify the silent installation can be successfully run on a client machine using a command-line installation
- Verify the files and command line are correct for a silent installation
- Troubleshoot error messages generated by the installer when running a supported deployment method
Adobe Technical Support cannot:
- Provide support for deployment software other than SMS or ARD
- Assist in developing a script to deploy our software (including scripts to provide additional levels of user interface support)
- Troubleshoot a script to deploy our software
- Troubleshoot error messages generated by a custom installer
- Troubleshoot a repackaged Creative Suite 5 or CS5.5 installer
- Customize preferences outside of the options in AAMEE
- Assist with image- or snapshot-based deployment technologies
Important: Although Adobe Technical Support cannot troubleshoot any of the scenarios listed above, we can ensure the product team is aware of problems you encounter during the process and relay suggestions for improving your workflow.
AAMEE should be used to create deployment packages for all CS5 and CS5.5 products. Some CS5 and CS5.5 product components cannot be packaged using AAMEE due to a technology limitation. These components are separated into an Exceptions folder. After creating the AAMEE package, configure your deployment technology to deliver the packaged Creative Suite 5/5.5 product installer. The following conditions apply to packaged Creative Suite 5/5.5 installers:
- They must be run silently for install and uninstall.
- (Windows) Separate deployment packages must be created for 32-bit and 64-bit environments. If you have a mixed environment, you must have both.
- (Windows) Exceptions should be deployed after packaged Creative Suite 5/5.5 products.
- Updates must be installed after product installation.
Before contacting Adobe Technical Support please ensure you have read all of the information in this document, including reading the Creative Suite 5 Enterprise Deployment Guide. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please be ready with the following information and contact Adobe Support.
- Product serial number being used to deploy the Creative Suite product.
- The command line and method being used to deploy the Creative Suite product.
- Deployment technology and version information.
- Network share type.
- If a error occurred during the installation, Creative Suite installation log. See, Troubleshoot CS5 and CS5.5 installation with install logs (cpsid_84451) for information.