Downloading and installing Creative Suite 6 products is quick and easy. This page provides instructions on downloading, installing, and uninstalling CS6 products on various operating systems.
Download and installation instructions
Before you begin, ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for running the application you are installing. You can find a link to the system requirements on the original purchase page.
Next, make sure that you have your serial number handy. You can find your serial number in your purchase confirmation e-mail, and in the Plans & Products section of your Manage Accounts page on adobe.com.
For more information on locating serial numbers, or on registering a serial number, see Find a serial number.
To install your Creative Suite 6 suite edition or individual product, follow the instructions below for your platform.
Download and installation on Mac OS
On the Your Downloads page, you see the product name and serial number for the software you purchased. Click the Akamai Download Manager link for the product you are downloading. If no window opens, be sure that you have pop-up blocking turned off in your browser for the entire *.adobe.com domain. After turning off pop-up blocking, click the download link again.
If you have not yet installed the Akamai NetSession interface, you are prompted to install it. Click the Download the Installer link.
- When the File Download window opens, double-click the Installer downloaded.
- An Akamai NetSession Folder opens with a PKG file. Double-click it.
- The Akamai NetSession Installer window opens. Click Continue.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking Agree. Select the destination where you want the interface to be installed and click Continue.
- Select the installation type by clicking Upgrade.
- The NetSession interface is installed on your computer.
The Akamai NetSession Download Manager appears in the browser. A DMG file begins to download. Be sure to wait until the DMG file has downloaded before beginning the installation process. If you want, the Download Manager allows you to pause and resume the download later. To pause a download, click the Pause button. To resume a paused download, click Play in the Download Manager or click the download link on the Your Downloads page again.
Download and installation on Microsoft Windows
If you do not already have the Akamai NetSession interface installed on your computer, you are prompted to install it. Click the Download the Installer link. If a File Download window opens asking you to run or save the NetSession installer, click Run.
- If the file is simply downloaded to your computer, navigate to the directory containing the downloaded file. Then, double-click the file.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking I Agree and Next.
- The NetSession interface is installed on your computer.
The Akamai Download Manager window appears. Some Adobe software installers require two files, an EXE file and a 7Z file. The 7Z file is the larger of the two. Be sure to wait until all the files listed in the Download Manager window have completely downloaded before beginning the installation process. If you want, the Download Manager allows you to pause and resume the download later. To pause a download, click the Pause button. To resume a paused download, click Play in the Download Manager or click the download link on the Your Downloads page again.
Select the folder where you want to extract the installer. By default, it is extracted to a folder Adobe Version Name\Product Name on the desktop. Then select Next. If you do not get prompted for a location for extracting the installer, you can also open the downloaded file from the Open Bundle link on the browserr. Select Yes, and then select the folder where you want to extract the build.
Install a CS6 suite or stand-alone product from disc
Locate all installation media and serial numbers before you begin the installation process.
Before you begin, close all applications, including your web browser. Make sure that you have administrative privileges or can validate as an administrator.
If you are installing as an upgrade, the installer checks your system to find the valid upgrade product. If it cannot find it, it asks you to input the serial number of the product being upgraded. You can also install the software in trial, then input your new and previous serial numbers in the serialization screen shown during launch.
Adobe's single-user license allows installation of a single product license on two machines (such as one work machine and one home machine) provided the same individual uses the software, and not concurrently on both machines.
If you want to install the product on a third computer, first deactivate the software on one computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
You sometimes are asked to close conflicting processes to complete the installation. For more information, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_bgprocesses.
If your product is on multiple discs, wait for first disc to complete. Once completed, remove the first disc and insert the second disc in same DVD drive.
For more detailed information about troubleshooting your installation, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html.
To install additional components or reinstall your software after your original installation, you need access to the original installer (disc or the download from the web).
Repair is not an available option.
Uninstall your software
Before you uninstall, close all applications currently running on your system—including other Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows.
Do one of the following:
- In Windows XP, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- In Windows 7, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Uninstall, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- IMPORTANT: Mac OS has new uninstall functionality. DO NOT drag applications to the trash to uninstall them. To safely uninstall on Mac OS X, double-click the product installer in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers or double-click the Uninstall alias located in the Application folder. Select Remove Preferences, then Authenticate as an Administrator and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you are uninstalling subscription software, note that uninstalling does not cancel or stop your subscription. To cancel your subscription, see Cancel your membership or subscription.
Adobe’s single-user license allows installation of a single product license on two machines (such as one work machine and a home machine) used by the same user and not used concurrently.
If you want to install the product on a third computer, first deactivate the software on your computer. To deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate.
Troubleshoot download and installation
If you need help downloading a CS6 product, see the following:
Help is available through the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum. The forums provide an interactive online environment for vibrant discussion of Adobe products and related topics, where Adobe users exchange questions, offer ideas and suggestions, and share tips and tricks with each other. For a list of all available forums, please see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome.