Complete the following steps if you enter the serial number for your Creative Suite product and get the error message “This serial number is not valid for this product."
For help, see Find your serial number.
Always use the suite installer, not an installer for a single product in the suite. The following information can help you enter the serial number correctly:
- The Creative Suite serial number will not work if you try to use an individual product installer. If you want to install only some products from the Creative Suite, choose "Custom Install" from the Creative Suite installer, and then select the product you want to install.
- The installer is platform-specific. The serial number for Windows does not work for Mac OS.
- Serial numbers are numeric. Do not enter alphabetic characters.
- Ignore the hyphens when you enter the serial number.
Acrobat 9, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (32 bit), and After Effects CS4 (32 bit) require a separate serial number and media. You cannot install these products with the Creative Suite serial number and media.
If your serial number is for a different language than the installation language you selected (for example, you purchased a German Creative Suite, but attempt to install it in English), you will get an invalid serial number error message.
Reinstall the product, choose the correct language, and enter the serial number when prompted.
The following language-specific software installs two language packs. You can install in one language and enter the serial number from the other without getting an invalid serial number error.
- en_US (Universal English)\en_GB (International English)
- fr_FR (French)\fr_CA (French Canadian)
- es_ES (Spanish)\es_MX (Latin American Spanish)