What is the purpose of Asset Migration?
Who triggers the Asset Migration process?
Why do you need my consent to migrate my content?
Adobe cannot migrate your content from your Adobe ID account without your consent for the following reasons.
- When you use your Adobe ID, you retain complete control over files and data associated with your Adobe ID account. When you use an Enterprise ID or Federated ID, it is the enterprise that owns and controls this content.
- Your contract with Adobe as the end user of an Adobe ID account states that the users retain complete control over the files and data associated with their ID.
- Also, Adobe cannot move your content without your consent as per the Federal Stored Communications Act (the SCA), 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-271.
How do I manage the personal content in my Adobe ID account?
The Asset Migration process moves all the supported content from your company assigned Adobe ID account to your new enterprise account.
If you do not want to migrate your personal content, you must remove the content from your Adobe ID account before you start the migration process. You can manually download/move your personal content to your desktop. After the migration is completed, your old company assigned Adobe ID account is converted to a new free personal Adobe ID account. You can manually transfer the downloaded content to this new personal Adobe ID account.
What type of content does the migration process support?
All the supported content in your old Adobe ID account is transferred to the new enterprise account. This process is an all-or-nothing migration process, the user cannot choose which data files/content to migrate.
Content that is migrated
Content that is not migrated
Note: The content that is not migrated is still available under your Adobe ID account.
Why can't I migrate my assets automatically?
After your IT Admin migrates your account from Adobe ID to Enterprise ID/Federated ID, you must migrate the content manually in the below cases.
- There is no Creative Cloud storage or Document Cloud storage associated with the plans assigned to you by your company administrator. To migrate content automatically, you must have been granted access to both.
- The country associated to your new enterprise account is not in the same region as the country associated to your previous Adobe ID account.
Can data be migrated to other regions?
No, your content cannot be migrated across different regions. If your content is located in U.S., the content stays there. A multi-region content transfer (move or copy) is not supported. You can transfer the content manually to your new enterprise account, see Transfer Assets.
How long does the migration process take to complete?
The end-to-end Asset Migration process takes less than five minutes to complete, after which you have access to your new enterprise account. However, if you have many shares, it is possible that you do not immediately see all your links, bookmarks, invites, and collaborations. This process could take several minutes to complete after you are signed into your new enterprise account.
What is the experience after the migration is complete?
After my identity is switched from Adobe ID to Enterprise/Federated ID, does the Asset Migration Consent page appear if I sign in with my Adobe ID?
How can I transfer the Adobe Stock libraries created in my Adobe ID account to the new enterprise account?
Does Asset Migration affect the files sent via the Share service?
Once the content is migrated, the Share service migrates the sent files. So, all outstanding links and sent files are also associated with the new enterprise account. During the migration of the Share service, users are temporarily unable to access files sent through the service. Once the migration is complete, all outstanding links work and all sent files are listed with the new enterprise account.
If I want to defer my decision and analyze the content before giving consent, can I get the content migrated automatically later?
- You can defer your decision to sign in to your new enterprise account and continue signing in to your Adobe ID account any number of times to analyze, save, sync, and remove personal content.
- If you sign in to your enterprise account, but want to defer giving consent, you can click Go Back to Sign in. Then, sign back in to the Adobe ID account.
- However, if you sign in to your enterprise account and click No, I Want to Move My Content Manually Later, you cannot initiate the automated Asset Migration process again. To transfer the content manually to your new enterprise account, see Transfer Assets.
What happens if I already have some content in the new enterprise account before migration?
It is not recommended to add content to the new enterprise account before completing the Asset Migration process. However, if there is any content in the enterprise account, it is lost if you give consent to the Asset Migration process. If this content is important, you must save it on your desktop and then manually move it to your enterprise account after the migration is complete.
What happens if I initiate the process from two different apps or devices?
It is recommended that you do not initiate Asset Migration simultaneously from multiple devices. When you try to sign in from multiple devices or apps, all of them display the Asset Migration Consent page, if you have not already taken an action on one of the Consent pages.
Once you select an option (Yes/No) for migration on one of the Content pages, the system records your first response and proceeds with Asset Migration accordingly. If you try to initiate Asset Migration from another device or app, while the migration is in process, you get the Temporarily Unavailable message.
After I start the Asset Migration process, what happens on the other devices that I am signed in from?
Once you initiate Asset Migration from one (primary) device, you are automatically signed out of your Adobe ID account on all other (secondary) devices until Asset Migration is completed. Once completed you are automatically signed in to your new enterprise account on your primary device. Sign back in to your new enterprise account on all the secondary devices.
Why am I getting pending invites in my personal Adobe ID account after Asset Migration?
How do I proceed if the Asset Migration process freezes after giving consent?
How do I fix the error- "Your content move has been interrupted."?
If you get the error message before the Asset Migration process is completed, click Cancel and Go Back to Sign in. And, sign in again to your Enterprise ID/Federated ID account.