Photoshop crashes using 3D with Intel HD video card
Photoshop crashes when you use 3D features on a computer with an Intel HD video card.
This issue might be related to certain video cards. The workaround is to make Photoshop use a previous version of the Shader Model software, by installing the CS6_shaders.txt file below.
Note: The file that results from unzipping acts as a cookie, and is appropriately zero bytes.
1. Exit out of Photoshop.
2. Download the CS6_shaders.txt.zip file.
3. Double-click the file to unzip it.
4. Copy the resulting CS6_shaders.txt file into the Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 folder.
The default locations for the Photoshop folder are:
- Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/
- Windows: Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\
5. Restart Photoshop, and perform the steps that caused the crash.