Keep Photoshop up to date
Get the latest features and bug fixes by simply updating Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw to the latest version.
What is the most current version?
- The current version of Photoshop 2023 (desktop) is 24.1.1
- The current version of Photoshop on the iPad is 4.2.1
- The current version of Adobe Camera Raw is 15.1
- The current version of Adobe DNG Converter is 15.1
Looking for information pertaining to older versions of Photoshop? See Legacy version updates.
What versions of Photoshop are supported?
Adobe provides technical support and security fixes for the current version and the prior version. Bug fixes are only provided for the current version.
Photoshop removes old versions of the app that might be installed on your machine by default.
When you're updating to a major version, consider the following:
- Configure Auto-Update > Advanced Settings to not "Remove Prior Version" until you're comfortable with the new version.
- Reinstall any third-party plug-ins that haven't been updated to use the Shared Creative Cloud Plug-in Location.
- Reinstall any third-party extensions that are not installed via Adobe Add-ons.
How do I check for and install the most current updates?
Launch Photoshop and choose Help > Updates.
Not seeing the available updates? See Available updates not listed.
How do I verify if I have the latest version of Photoshop?
To verify that you have the most recent version of Photoshop:
- macOS: Choose Photoshop > About Photoshop
- Windows: Choose Help > About Photoshop
How do I verify if I have the latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in?
To verify that you have the most recent version of Adobe Camera Raw:
- macOS: Choose Photoshop > About Plug-In > Camera Raw
- Windows: Choose Help > About Plug-In > Camera Raw
Having trouble installing Camera Raw updates? See Camera Raw plug-in installer.
What if I update Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop still doesn’t recognize my camera?
What if my computer has limited access to the Internet?
You can install the product and updates offline, but you need momentary Internet access initially to sign in and activate your software.