The Adobe XD mobile app enables you to preview your designs on iOS and Android devices.
Edit your design using XD on the desktop and see them reflected in real time on mobile devices connected through USB (available only on Adobe XD for macOS).
You can also load Adobe XD documents from Creative Cloud Files (available for documents created in Adobe XD on macOS or Windows 10).
What is Adobe XD on mobile?
Adobe XD on mobile is a companion app that lets you preview your designs and prototypes on iOS and Android devices using the following modes:
- Real time Preview via USB (only available on Adobe XD Desktop for macOS): You can connect multiple devices via USB to your computer running Adobe XD, make changes to your designs and prototypes on the desktop, and preview them in real time on all the connected mobile devices.
- Loading Adobe XD Documents from Creative Cloud Files (available for documents created in Adobe XD on macOS or Windows 10): If you place your XD documents in your CC Files folder on desktop, you can load them onto your devices using Adobe XD on mobile.
How can I get Adobe XD on mobile?
Do I need to use Adobe XD on mobile along with Adobe XD on desktop?
- Yes, for Real-time Preview via USB (only available on Adobe XD Desktop for macOS): Adobe XD on desktop sends data from the computer to the mobile device. All changes you make to your designs or prototypes are reflected on all USB-connected mobile devices. As soon as you disconnect the USB cable, the process stops. In order to see your work again on your mobile devices, you need to connect the devices to the computer running the desktop app of Adobe XD.
- No, for loading Adobe XD documents from Creative Cloud Files: At anytime, using Adobe XD on mobile, you can load Adobe XD documents created using both Adobe XD for macOS or Windows 10, from Creative Cloud Files.
Can I download Adobe XD on mobile for free?
Do I need Creative Cloud account to use Adobe XD on mobile?
You need to be logged in to your Creative Cloud, Facebook or Google account in order to use the mobile application. This will allow the desktop version of XD to send data to the USB-connected device, as well as to access your Creative Cloud Files folder from Adobe XD on mobile. The Creative Cloud account can be free or paid.
In which countries is Adobe XD on mobile available?
What are the steps to follow for previewing my work using Adobe XD on mobile using USB?
What are the steps to follow for previewing my work loading XD documents from Creative Cloud Files?
For more information and instructions, see Preview on mobile devices.
Can I unplug the USB cable and continue using the prototype preview on my mobile device?
Can I access and use my prototypes with Adobe XD on mobile while being offline?
How do I browse the artboards of the current document I'm seeing using Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I share the current screen I'm viewing as an image using Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I enable or disable hotspot hints using Adobe XD on mobile?
Guiding the user with hotspot hints can be beneficial when testing a prototype. After a long press, you can activate and deactivate hotspot hints. If they're on, when the user taps on a non-interactive area, all the interactive areas (like buttons) will be highlighted in blue, to show the user where the tappable areas are.
Which versions of iOS does Adobe XD support?
Adobe XD for iOS works with 64-bit devices, with iOS version 10 or later installed. Here is a list of supported 64-bit Apple devices:
- iPhone: X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, iPhone 5S
- iPad: Air, Air2, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, iPad Pro (12 & 9)
- iPad Pro 12.9 inches (2nd generation), and iPad Pro 10.5 inches.
Which versions of Android does Adobe XD support?
How many devices can I connect to Adobe XD on the desktop simultaneously using USB?
How do I connect using a USB connection?
Just plug your mobile device using a USB cable that transfers data, launch Adobe XD on desktop and on your mobile device, and then open a project with at least one artboard.
Real-time preview via USB is available only for users using Adobe XD on macOS. Real-time preview via USB is not available on Windows 10.
Can I connect wirelessly?
Can I swipe to navigate the artboards on my device?
If you don't have interactions (wires) created on your prototype mode, you can swipe right and left to navigate through your artboards on the mobile device. As soon as you create an interaction (a wire), you won't be able to navigate using swipes. The reason behind it is that we want to preserve the interaction defined by you, instead of letting the user (probably testing your prototype) to navigate to a specific artboard with a swipe gesture by mistake.
Can I transfer files with Android File Transfer while using XD’s Real-Time Preview?
No. XD’s Real-Time Preview is using the USB connection in “Accessory Mode” which is disabling access to file transfer capabilities. If you’re experiencing problems in Android File Transfer while using XD, follow these steps:
How can I set up Android devices to preview Adobe XD projects?
Make sure your Android device is set to transfer data through the USB port, not just transfer power (charging mode). To do so, set "USB configuration" on your device to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" or PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)" using the following steps:
If you have Samsung Kies / Smart Switch installed on your Mac, you must follow the above steps to connect the phone to the desktop application.
You can change the setting at a later point in time by opening Settings > Developer Options (see how to enable Developer Options) > Networking > Select USB Configuration > MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) /
PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol).
What is this window I see every time I connect my Android device to my desktop, saying "Open Adobe XD when this USB accessory is connected"?
When you open Adobe XD on Android for the first time and connect your device through USB, you see a pop-up window with the message “Open Adobe XD when this USB accessory is connected”. Tap OK for the connection to work. If you tap CANCEL, the connection will not work and you will have to reinstall the app on Android or change permissions.
Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?
Fonts may not be transferred to your device due to any of the following reasons:
- The font is missing on desktop.
- Certain font vendors do not allow for the transfer, display, and distribution of their fonts.
- The font is not supported by Adobe XD on mobile (for example, PostScript type 1 fonts).
Why am I getting the message “The downloaded file has no artboards. Please add an artboard on desktop XD” when I attempt to open certain files on mobile (iOS)?
How do I provide feedback regarding Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I suggest a feature request?
You can influence the future of Adobe XD on desktop and on mobile! At anytime, you can suggest a feature request using the Adobe XD site on UserVoice, or upvote on existing ones. As soon as we update the status of the feature (for example, "feature-completed"), you will get an email with the update.