Use Adobe Fill & Sign service to easily fill out and sign forms online. Sign your form by typing or drawing your signature, or using an image. Send your completed forms to others and store the forms securely in Adobe Document Cloud.
Adobe Fill & Sign supports forms of the following file types:
- PDF: Adobe Fill & Sign supports most PDFs. However, the following two types of PDFs are not supported at this point:
- Secured PDFs - When uploading a secure PDF, you will see an error message that conveys that the PDF contains editing restrictions and is not supported.
- Some LiveCycle Designer forms - For dynamic XFA PDFs created by LiveCycle, you will see an error message that conveys that Dynamic XFA is not supported.
- Microsoft Office files: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSx, PPT, PPTX
- Image files: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF
- Text files: TXT, RTF, ODT
You can upload a maximum of 100 files, and the size of each file must be 100 MB or less.
Select a PDF that you want to fill and sign using one of the following ways, and then click Continue:
- Choose a PDF file from the Recent or Files list.
- Add a PDF file from your computer or drag-and-drop the PDF onto the highlighted area.
- You can also drag and drop files to the Fill & Sign tool on the Sign page.
Password protected PDFs are not supported. You must remove the password before uploading PDFs.
The selected PDF document is prepared as a form and displayed in the browser window with the respective tools and options. Fill or add text in the form by clicking Add
Text inthe toolbar. Click at the place in the document where you want to add the text, and then start typing.
Use the field toolbar to make appropriate changes:
- To move a text field, move your pointer closer to the field border until you see the drag handle, and then hold and move the field as required. To move all other fields, select the field and drag as required.
- To resize a text field, use the font up or down button in the toolbar - the first two buttons from left.
To resize all other fields, use the blue circular drag handle, and then hold and resize the field as required.
- To change the field type, click the Options menu (...), and select the required field.
- To delete a field or
typedtext, click the trash button.
Add annotations or symbols: Annotations tools are displayed in the toolbar - Crossmark, Checkmark, Circle, Line, and Dot. You can use these annotation tools to fill in check boxes and radio buttons, as well as use to circle, underline or strikethrough text.
Click an annotation in the toolbar to select it, and then click on the form where you want to place the annotation. (Each click places the selected annotation at the respective location on the form.) To stop pasting annotations, click Add Text tool in the toolbar.
To adjust the field position, select the annotation and use the arrow keys on your keyboard. Use the Shift key along with the arrow keys to precisely position the field.
Resize the first annotation you place to fit the check box or radio button in the document, and the next annotations you add will be of the same size and will fit the rest of the box or circle fields.
Select your added signature or initials from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the form where you want to add your signature. Skip to the next step.
If you are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Below is an example of the Signature panel.
Draw: Draw your signature in the field using your mouse, touch pad, or touch screen. To draw again or correct any mistake, use the Clear button.
Type your name in the Enter Your Name field in the footer, if the field is not auto-populated with your name.
To use an image as your signature:
- Sign your name in black ink on a clean, blank sheet of white paper. Sign in the middle of the paper so you don't photograph or scan the edges.
- Photograph or scan your signature. If you are taking a picture of your signature, make sure that the page is lit and that no shadows fall across the signature.
- Transfer the photo or scan to your computer. Acrobat/Reader accepts JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, and BMP files. You do not need to crop the image. Acrobat/Reader imports just the signature if the photo or scan is fairly clean.
Delete Signature: To delete your saved signature from the profile, click on the Delete button next to the signature.
Click Apply, and then click at the place in the form where you want to place the signature or initial.
To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys. To delete the field, use the options in field toolbar. To resize, use the blue grab handle at the right as shown in the image below.
Once a form has been signed and sent, the data you added in Fill & Sign (text fields, annotations and signatures) will no longer be editable. You can add additional data, but cannot remove or modify the data added before the form was sent.
After you have filled and signed the form, you can share the form with others. To share the form, follow the steps below:
Send a link of the non-editable copy of the filled and signed form. The copy is certified with Adobe Sign. Recipients won’t be able to modify the copy easily; any modification makes the certification invalid.
The detailed tracking information is available for files shared using a personalized link to individuals. The copy is certified with Adobe Sign. Recipients won’t be able to modify the copy easily; any modification makes the certification invalid.