Share designs and prototypes
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- Color Management
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to share your designs and prototypes with stakeholders, developers, or fellow designers.
The Share mode in XD consolidates different sharing capabilities into a centralized location and makes sharing your designs and collaborating with stakeholders and designers a breeze!
You can use the built-in presets, such as Design Review, Development, Presentation, User Testing, and Custom to share your documents and manage your shared links.
Prepare to share your designs
You can organize your designs and add right controls to share them with your stakeholders. Often times, you would want to create different versions of a design and share with different set of stakeholders. In such scenarios, Multiple Flows let you create and share different versions of a design in the same document, all in one place.
Multiple Flows are most commonly used when designing interfaces that contains different workflows such as login screens, registration screens, playlists, and so on.
For example: When designing landing pages, social posts, emails, and advertisements in XD, you can create and share different versions of your design in the same document and in one place.
Share Multiple Flows
Once your flows are defined and wired together in the design document, go ahead and share them using shareable links across various target surfaces.
Follow these steps to share Multiple Flows with your stakeholders:
With XD 57 and later, you have the ability to provide a consistent color rendition for your stakeholders. To achieve this, switch the document’s color profile to sRGB. If you try to share selected artboards from a document having an unmanaged color profile, you get a message that informs you about a possible color discrepancy that your stakeholders might experience. For more information, see Color Management.
Work with presets
XD provides scenario-based presets to create shareable links for your designs with ease. For example, when creating a design link for review, all you have to do is select the available preset based on your requirement, set link access permission, and share it with your stakeholders. You no longer have to worry about setting commenting options or navigation controls.
|Get feedback on your design or prototype
|Share your design specifications with developers
|Optimize for presenting your design to stakeholders
|Invite your users to test your design
|Customize the viewing experience of your design
|Default settings for presets
Alternatively, once your artboards are set and wired, you can choose to:
- Share a single artboard: select the artboard in the Prototype mode and set it as the Home artboard. Ensure to remove any interactions to other artboards.
- Share all the artboards: Select the artboards in the Prototype mode. Ensure that all artboards are connected to the Home artboard before you share.
How do I share a design spec or prototype?
Once artboards and interaction flows are defined in the Prototype mode, your design spec or prototype is ready to share. The title of your defined interaction flow appears in the Title pane. You can modify the title based on your design need.
Set link access permissions
While sharing a prototype or a design spec, you can choose to publish either a public link, or a secure private link and still change its access setting interchangeably at any given point.
I have modified my design project or flows; should I create a new link?
No, you don't have to create a new link for an XD document. As you change your design or your preset, you can update an existing link that you have shared for review.
Once you update the link, the same URL is updated with the latest preset information while preserving previous comments, changes, and conversations.
How do I view previously generated links and delete them?
You can manage published links of your XD document by navigating to Manage Links website from XD.
End-to-end experience of share workflows
As a designer, you can share flows within your designs or prototypes using any of the available sample presets and set permissions to reshare them further. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other set of reviewers who want to access or view the secure private link.
Watch this sample animation to learn how to share your designs for review and help reviewers reshare the designs or prototypes further.
As a reviewer, you can access the review invite from email and comment on shared designs or prototypes.
Watch this animation to learn how to access the review invite and comment on the shared design.
To learn more about prototypes in XD, watch this video.
Viewing time: 5 minutes
Have a question or an idea?