To download an eBook and add it to Adobe Digital Editions, do the following:
- Locate the link to download the eBook from the site where you are getting it. For this example, we are downloading an eBook from the Adobe Sample eBook Library. You may download from a different eBook store.
Note: If you do not have the option to download the eBook, see Install Digital Editions | Windows 7, Vista, XP or Install Digital Editions | Mac OS X.
- If Adobe Digital Editions does not download and open the file automatically, locate the .acsm file for your book on your hard drive. To locate the .ascm file for your eBook, do one of the following:
- Check the location where your browser automatically saves downloaded files:
- Internet Explorer (WIndows): C:\...[username]\My Documents\Downloads
- Firefox: Choose Firefox > Preferences (Mac OS) or Tools > Options (Windows). In the General tab, look in the Downloads area. Check the setting Save Files To to see the download location.
- Safari (Mac OS): Choose Safari > Preferences. In the General tab, check the setting Save Downloaded Files To.
- Google Chrome: Choose Customize and Control Google Chrome>Options. In the Under the Hood tab, look under the Downloads heading. Check the Download location setting.
Keywords: ebook, download, digital editions; cpsid_91014