Adobe RoboHelp Server 10 is a server-based Help solution that provides real-time end-user feedback on your Help and knowledgebase. Generate the output of your project in RoboHelp and then publish the output to a RoboHelp Server. RoboHelp Server gathers and logs data about what questions users ask while searching content and how users navigate through topics. Results are displayed in an easy-to-view graphical format for quick interpretation.
To publish to RoboHelp Server, first setup a publishing profile providing information about the RoboHelp Server instance. RoboHelp supports WebHelp and Responsive HTML5 output types. You can publish content from the Output Presets panel. Edit a WebHelp or a Responsive HTML5 output preset and select the publish profiles you want to use. Then publish content to RoboHelp Server.
You must create and configure a profile before publishing your output to RoboHelp Server. To create and configure a profile:
For the RoboHelp Server server type, do the following:
- Name Shows the default profile name. Modify the name if required.
- Address Specify the address of the Robohelp server to which you want to publish your projects. The address must be in the following format:
- server-name: The host name or IP address of the machine on which RoboHelp Server is setup. If its on the same machine, you can specify localhost as server name.
- port-number: (Optional) The port on which RoboHelp Server is running. Default is 8080. If you are using port 8080, specify it here. However, if you are using the default ports for HTTP or HTTPS protocols, you need not provide the port number. For example, the default port for HTTP is 80. So if you are using HTTP and port 80, you need not provide the port number.
- context-name: The context to which you want to publish. Default is robohelp.
For example, http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server.
By default, RoboHelp Server uses the http protocol. For the https protocol, use the following format:
You can configure a WebHelp or a Responsive HTML5 output preset to link it to the RoboHelp Server profile, and then publish your content to the RoboHelp Server. You can publish content to multiple RoboHelp Servers.
To publish to the selected profiles (servers), click the output preset and then click in the standard toolbar. Or right-click the output preset and click Publish.
If you selected multiple RoboHelp Servers, RoboHelp publishes to RoboHelp Servers in a sequence. Two prompts appear, one displays publishing information (such as the file being published, preset name, and server name) and the other displays publishing status.
RoboHelp creates log files at %/AppData/%/Local/Temp/RHTMP. To view log files, right-click the output preset and click View Publish Log. If you published content to multiple servers, the log file shows publishing information (success or failure and errors) about all servers.