In the Design or Prototype mode, clickDesktop preview.
Preview designs and prototypes
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Adobe XD subscription options
- Changes to XD Starter Plan
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to preview prototypes and record interactions using Adobe XD.
After designing your assets or prototypes, you can accurately preview the workflow of your website or app, including screen transitions. During the preview, you can change your designs or prototypes in Adobe XD and preview them in real time.
You can also preview your designs and prototypes on iOS and Android devices using the Adobe XD mobile app. For more information, see Adobe XD on mobile FAQ.
The Preview window appears. The Preview window displays the artboard that contains the currently selected objects. If no object is selected, the Preview window opens with the Home artboard first.
You can Preview the design in full-screen view or regular view. On Mac, to view in full-screen mode, click the Play icon on the upper right of the design. The prototype then expands to fill the entire screen.
(Optional) Click an asset or prototype interaction in XD and make changes if necessary. Notice that the changes are instantly updated in the Preview window.
To close the Preview window, click the close button of the window.
Record interactions in prototypes
Recording prototypes is not supported in Adobe XD on Windows. However, there's a workaround. Press the Windows + G keys and use the native recorder to record the Preview window.
To preview your design or prototype, click the Preview icon. In the Preview window, click Record. If there's an interactive prototype, all interactions in the Preview window, are recorded as a .mp4 file.
To stop recording, click Record again or press Esc. Specify a location to save the .mp4 file.
The recording also stops if:
- You switch away from the application
- The preview window does not have focus anymore
If you are facing issues while recording prototype interactions in desktop preview window, see Enable recording on macOS Catalina.
Using the Adobe XD mobile app, you can preview your designs and prototypes on iOS and Android devices. Multiple devices can be connected using USB ports on the computer running XD. You can make changes to your designs and prototypes, and simultaneously preview them in real time on all the connected devices. For more information, see Adobe XD on mobile FAQ.