The current version of Lightroom (Lightroom CC 2015/6) supports tethered capture for the cameras listed in this document on currently supported operating systems.
Looking for information pertaining to older versions of Lightroom? See Legacy tethered camera support.
For instructions on using tethered capture in Lightroom, see Import photos from a tethered camera. If you're having problems using tethered capture with a supported camera, see Troubleshoot tethered capture in Lightroom.
|Camera model||Minimum Lightroom version required|
|EOS 1D Mark II||3.0|
|EOS 1D Mark III||3.0|
|EOS 1Ds Mark II||3.0
|EOS 1Ds Mark III||3.0|
|EOS 1D Mark IV||3.0|
|EOS 5D Mark II||3.0|
|EOS 5D Mark III *||4.2|
|EOS 100D (Rebel SL1/EOS Kiss X7)||5.2|
|EOS 350D (Rebel XT/EOS Kiss Digital N)||3.0|
|EOS 400D (Rebel XTi/EOS Kiss Digital X)||3.0
|EOS 450D (Rebel XSi/EOS Kiss X2)||3.0|
|EOS 500D (Rebel T1i/EOS Kiss X3 Digital)||3.0|
|EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/EOS Kiss X4 Digital)||3.4|
|EOS 600D (Rebel T3i/EOS Kiss X5)||4.2|
|EOS 650D (Rebel T4i/EOS Kiss X6i)||5.3|
|EOS 700D (Rebel T5i/EOS Kiss X7i)||5.2|
|EOS 760D (Rebel T6s)||6.3|
|EOS 750D (Rebel T6i)||6.3|
|EOS 1000D (Rebel XS/EOS Kiss F)||3.0|
|EOS 1100D (Rebel T3/EOS Kiss X50)||4.2|
|EOS Rebel T5||5.5|
|EOS 1D X *||4.2|
|EOS 5DS R||6.3|
|EOS 7D Mark II||6.0|
|EOS 60D *||3.4|
* For the 60D, 5D Mark III, and 1D X, a card must be in the camera for tethering to work properly.
** Using the 50D in Windows, images can fail to come into the computer if the CompactFlash® card is inserted or removed during the session.
||Minimum Lightroom version required|
For all Nikon cameras:
- Tethering with the following models may be unreliable on Mac when burst shooting: D300, D300S, D700, D3, D3S, D3X, D90, D5000, D7000, D5100, D7200
- If you trigger the shutter with the tether bar capture button, the image must finish downloading before another photo can be captured. Triggering a capture with the shutter release button on the camera does not have this limitation.
- Images do not save to the compact flash card. They are downloaded only to the computer.
- Only one Nikon camera can be attached at a time.
Direct tethering of the Leica cameras listed in the table below using Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 is not currently supported on El Capitan.
Tethering Leica S (Typ 007) cameras is supported on El Capitan through the "Leica Tethered Plug-in" which can be downloaded from the Leica Owners' Area.
- The Leica Tethered plug-in provides a direct link from your Leica S (Type 007) to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 via a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable. The camera's shutter can be released via the plug-in, with all captured images being immediately displayed in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6. It is the ideal solution for a fast and stable tethered workflow.
Adobe recommends that customers who rely on Lightroom for tethering Leica cameras, other than the Leica S (Typ 007), do not upgrade to El Capitan at this time. See note: Lightroom and El Capitan | Mac OS 10.11