Adobe XD and Atlassian Jira bring creative work and teamwork together. With the Adobe XD for Jira app, designers can easily share their latest prototypes and design specs with other stakeholders in Jira.
By default, all the projects within the workspace are enabled to show the app within a Jira issue. However, as an admin, you can choose to enable the add-on only for specific projects. To change the default configuration, do the following:
- Go to Manage add-ons page from the sidebar.
- In the User-installed add-ons section, choose Adobe XD for Jira and then click Configure.
The Configure Adobe XD for Jira page lists enabled projects in the left pane and disabled projects in the right pane.
- To disable the add-on in one or more projects, select the projects in the left pane and move them to the right pane.
- Click Save. In the confirmation dialog box, click Disable Projects. You can view the add-on if you are part of an enabled project or have access to a Jira issue in the project.
Moving a project from enabled to disabled list removes the Adobe XD app from the project. Any content that was added using this integration can be restored by moving the project back to the Enabled list.
You can attach the following types of Adobe XD links to a Jira issue:
- Design specs.
- Password protected prototypes or design specs.
- Private prototype or design spec.
To learn how to create a public or private web link to a prototype or design spec in Adobe XD, see Share prototypes and design specs.
Paste the link to the prototype or design spec in the XD input field, and click Attach. To attach more prototypes or design specs, repeat the process.
A preview of the corresponding asset is displayed as a card. You can also add a short description to the asset in the card.
For a private or password protected asset, the preview is not displayed in the card. To see the asset, click View Prototype or View Design Specs in the card. Enter the password in the XD asset view page, and then click View.
By default, all the projects within the workspace are enabled to show the app within Jira issue. However, as an admin, you can choose to enable the app only for specific projects and for specific issue types. To change the default configuration, do the following:
The latest update to the Adobe XD for JIRA Server and Datacenter app provides more information on the prototypes and design specifications.
The prototypes or design specifications attached to a Jira ticket display the following information:
Comments: When you share a link of a prototype artboard or a design specification, all the comments for that artboard are displayed in the comments section in Jira. However, when you share the link of the Home artboard of a prototype or a design specification, the total number of comments added to the prototype or a design specification are displayed.
- Artboards: The number of artboards that are present in the prototype or design specification that are shared using XD for Jira app.
- Views: Adobe XD for Jira app displays the names and the profile icons of all the people who have viewed the prototype through XD for Jira app. You can easily identify whether the required stakeholders have opened the XD prototypes and design specifications.
The views on the attached prototype and design specification on Jira do not include the users who have viewed the prototype from any source other than XD for Jira app.
- Date and Time: You can view the date and the time when the prototype or a design specification was shared on a Jira issue.
- Rich in context preview: By clicking the expand icon, you can view all the artboards in a prototype in a full screen on Jira. You can avoid switching to xd.adobe.com, making it easier for you to identify the XD files that you want to open without quitting Jira.
A. Total number of artboards B. Rich in context preview C. Unique viewers of XD link from Jira D. Total number of comments E. Date and time F. Updated label
- Update Label: When a prototype or a design specification shared through XD for Jira app is updated using XD application, you see a small tag above the thumbnail in Jira. This tag indicates that the prototype or Jira specification has been updated. You can view the label if you are, or had been following the Jira issue before the XD link was shared on XD for Jira app following a ticket under any of the following criteria:
- You commented on the Jira issue or your name has been @ mentioned on the Jira issue where the link to XD prototype or a design specification has been shared.
- The ticket has been assigned to you.
- You are watching the ticket.
- You have reported the ticket.
- ·You shared the XD link on XD for Jira app
To use all the features of the app in Jira’s next gen project type you are supposed to be a member of that project.
- The app now supports Jira Cloud, Jira Server, and Jira Datacenter. For Jira Server and Datacenter, the supported versions are from Jira Server 7.0.0 to 8.5.1.
- The Jira Server app requires Internet access to reach Adobe servers. If your organization uses Jira Server and Datacenter, and has a firewall or any network restrictions you must whitelist https://xdce.adobe.io/, https://cc-api-data.adobe.io/, https://comments.adobe.io/ and https://public-v2links.adobecc.com/ web addresses, and allow secure outgoing web traffic to these web addresses.
- Adobe XD for Jira supports Japanese, German, French, Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean and Chinese Simplified languages for both Jira cloud, and Jira server/datacenter.