This article explains how to enable print logs to troubleshoot printing issues related to Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
- Make sure that Acrobat is closed.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat
- Click the version number corresponding to the installed version of Acrobat/Reader and Right click to create new key FeatureState.
- Click FeatureState and create a DWORD(32-bit) with the name EnablePrintLogging and set the Value: 1
- Launch Acrobat and print a PDF file.
- The log file with the name acrobat print logs.txt will be generated at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp.
- In Case of Acrobat Reader, the log file is generated in the acrord32_sbx folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp.
- You can delete the registry key from the machine after generating and reviewing the logs.