You receive the error message, "Error 1305, error reading from file:..." when you try to install an Adobe product on a Windows system.
Do one or more of the following solutions:
Clean the CD with a lint-free cloth before you install the application.
1. Click Start > My Computer.
2. Right click on your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive and select Open.
3. Right click on the product name you are trying to install (for example, Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0, or Adobe Premier Elements) and select Copy.
4. Close all open windows and applications.
5. Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select Paste.
6. After files finish copying, open up the copied folder and run setup.exe and follow the prompts.
If the CD/DVD works in another computer, then the first machine may have a defective CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive or a software conflict that prevents the drive from reading the disk properly.
Adobe Technical Support can obtain logs from your machine to determine additional information about the failure. Please contact Adobe Technical Support if the information provided has not helped to resolve your issue.
Error 1305 is a Windows Installer error that indicates an input/output failure while reading the media the installer relies on.