Note: These instructions are for ActionScript projects. For Flex projects, see Overlay AIR SDK on Flex SDK | Flash Builder.
If you want Flash Builder to use a different version of the AIR SDK for ActionScript projects, overlay the preinstalled AIR SDK version with the version that you want to use.
The instructions below reference how to overlay the 3.4 version of the AIR SDK with the latest available AIR SDK version. The instructions, however, are general. You can follow these instructions to overlay any version of the AIR SDK in Flash Builder.
Visit Adobe Gaming website for latest news, SDK, tools, documentation, and sample code.
(Optional) Backup the AIR SDK by copying the entire directory.
In Flash Builder, for example, copy the AIRSDK directory at:
- Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_18.104.22.1689722
- Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_22.214.171.1249722
Extract the contents of the downloaded AIR SDK zip/dmg file into the now empty AIRSDK folder.
- Windows: Right-click the ZIP file and select Extract All, or use a decompression tool of your choice.
- Mac OS: In Terminal, run these commands:
- hdiutil attach AIRSDK_Compiler.dmg
- cp -rf /Volumes/AIR\ SDK/* /path-to-empty-AIRSDK-directory
Note: If you have trouble overwriting files on Mac OS due to file permissions, try these commands:
- sudo hdiutil attach AIRSDK_Compiler.dmg
- sudo cp -rf /Volumes/AIR\ SDK/* /path-to-empty-AIRSDK-directory
See AIR Release Notes for the latest updates.