Select the photo you want to retouch. In the Healing panel, select Content-Aware Remove.
Feature summary | Lightroom Classic (October 2022 release)
Learn about major new features and enhancements in the October 2022 release of Lightroom Classic (version 12.0).
Starting with the October 2022 release of Lightroom Classic (version 12.0), you can achieve the best results by practicing ultimate image control on your photos. The new Content-Aware Remove tool in the Healing panel lets you remove unwanted spots and objects in a photo.
Click and drag the brush over areas you want to heal using the Content-Aware Remove tool. Lightroom Classic will analyze and fill the selection with the best-suited content from other parts of the photo.
Alternatively, if you wish to manually change the sampled area that is selected by default, you can:
macOS: Press Cmd + drag an area on the image while a Content-Aware Remove spot is selected.
Windows: Press Ctrl + drag an area on the image while a Content-Aware Remove spot is selected.
For more details, see Lightroom Classic Healing tools.
Reimagine editing with Select People, Select Objects, and Select Background masking features in the Masking panel. Easily make precise adjustments to one or more people, objects, and backgrounds in a photo using the mask.
Make local adjustments to one or more people in a photo. The Select People mask lets you edit specific parts of the body like skin, eyes, lips, teeth, and more.
Select Objects lets you make precise local adjustments to one or more objects in a photo.
Lightroom Classic will analyze the object based on your selection and automatically create a mask.
Select the background in your photo in just one click and make adjustments to enhance just the selected part. Use the Select Background mask to automatically select the background and make complex adjustments using the editing controls.
To know more about masking in Lightroom Classic, see Masking.
- Make crisp adjustments to your photos using Adaptive: Portraits in Lightroom Classic. AI-powered Adaptive Presets help you enhance your photos with just a click.
- Experience faster data import using portable devices on Windows computers and experience a quicker display of thumbnails.
- Easily swap between the left and right panels in Lightroom Classic. To swap, select Preferences > Interface > Swap Left and Right panel groups. Once done, restart the Lightroom Classic app to see swapped panels.
- Lightroom Classic will display the parent folder during import, by default, to help you efficiently organize and access photos.
- You can now disable the Auto-advance settings during auto-import.