This issue occurs when Lightroom Classic is configured to Use Graphics Card in the preferences with DirectX enabled.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps listed below.
Perform a clean installation of your graphics driver
When upgrading the graphics card driver, it is recommended that you remove all previous versions of the graphics card driver from your computer before installing the new one. This is called a clean installation.
Once you’ve determined the make and model of your graphics card in your computer, follow your card’s manufacturer documentation and resources below:
- NVIDIA drivers: How to perform a clean installation of my Nvidia drivers?
- AMD drivers: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility
- Intel: Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA)
After installing the updates, relaunch Lightroom Classic.
- Windows update won't always give you the latest and greatest drivers. You must go directly to your card manufacturer’s website to check for driver updates.
- Be sure to choose the correct driver. Notebook drivers sometimes have a different name than similar desktop drivers.
- Some video adapter manufacturers have other software that requires updating in addition to the video driver. Read the update instructions carefully, or contact the video adapter manufacturer directly if you don't understand the instructions.