Lightroom Classic CC lets you easily merge photos of a landscape into a breathtaking panorama. You can see a quick preview of the panorama and make adjustments to it before the merged image is generated.
- Select the source images in Lightroom Classic CC.
- Select Photo > Photo Merge > Panorama or press Ctrl/Control+M.
- In the Panorama Merge Preview dialog box, choose a layout projection:
Spherical: Aligns and transforms the images as if they were mapped to the inside of a sphere. This projection mode is great for really wide or multirow panoramas.
Perspective: Projects the panorama as if it were mapped to a flat surface. Since this mode keeps straight lines straight, it is great for architectural photography. Really wide panoramas may not work well with this mode due to excessive distortion near the edges of the resulting panorama.
Cylindrical: Projects the panorama as if it were mapped to the inside of a cylinder. This projection mode works really well for wide panoramas, but it also keeps vertical lines straight.
- While previewing the panorama, select Auto Crop to remove undesired areas of transparency around the merged image.
- You can use Boundary Warp* slider setting (0-100) to warp panoramas to fill the canvas. Use this setting to preserve image content near the boundary of the merged image, that may otherwise be lost due to cropping. The slider that controls how much Boundary Warp* to apply.
* The Boundary Warp feature is available only in Lightroom CC 2015.4 and later.
Higher slider value causes the boundary of the panorama to fit more closely to the surrounding rectangular frame.
- Once you've finished making your choices, click Merge. Lightroom Classic CC creates the panorama and places it in your catalog.
You can apply all Develop module settings to panoramas just as you would apply them to individual images.
Lightroom Classic CC can create vertical and multirow panoramas. The metadata and boundaries of source images are analyzed to determine if a horizontal, vertical, or multirow panorama would be appropriate for them.