- The Create PDF request fails for an image or a PDF file that contains Japanese characters in its filename when OCR is enabled in the File Type setting. (Ref# 3653946)
- The quick-fix introduces the createPDF3 API in Generate PDF Service to add support for converting a file with references to other files using relative paths, with the following restrictions:
- The support is available only for the files referred to in the same folder. For example, if the master file master.dwg refers to a supporting file supportingFile001.tif, both the files should be in the same folder, and the master.dwg file should refer to the supporting file as ./supportingFile001.tif.
- To invoke the createPDF3 API, the client jars should be updated for existing clients.
public CreatePDFResult createPDF3(Map inputDocuments, String primaryFileToConvertFilter, String inputFileExtension, String fileTypeSettings, String pdfSettings, String securitySettings, Document inSettingsDoc, Document inXMPDoc)
- inputDocuments: A map of document objects which includes the main file to be converted and the supporting files being referred in the main file (key: file name, value: Document object of the file)
- primaryFileToConvertFilter: A filter which uniquely identifies the main file to be converted. The filter should uniquely identify the main file, otherwise an exception is thrown. The pattern may be:
- Files with specific filename extensions. For example, *.dat, *.xml, .pdf, *.*
- Files with specific filenames. For example, data.*
- inputFileExtension: This optional parameter contains the file extension of the document to be converted.
- fileTypeSettings: Settings to be applied to the generated PDF document. Name of a file type settings instance that is defined on the LiveCycle server. The LiveCycle Administration Console window for Generate PDF lets you view the currently defined file type settings. It also lets you create custom file type settings. If the inSettingsDoc parameter specifies a non-NULL value, this parameter is ignored. If this parameter and the inSettingsDoc parameter are both null, this method uses the default file type settings instance that is defined on the LiveCycle server.
- pdfSettings: Name of the Adobe PDF Settings to apply.
- securitySettings: Name of a security settings instance that is defined on the LiveCycle server.
- inSettingsDoc: A file2pdf-settings XML file that contains PDF Generator settings, including the file type settings, PDF settings (job options), and security settings used by this method. For information about this file, see the description for this method.
- inXMPDoc: This optional parameter contains the file containing metadata information to be applied to the generated PDF document. Only UTF-8 encoded XMP metadata is supported.
- Adobe LiveCycle ES4 SP1 (11.0.1)
- Take a backup of the <LiveCycle_root>/deploy folder. It is required if you decide to uninstall the quick fix.
- Stop your application server.
- Extract the QF archive file to your hard drive.
- In the directory named according to the operating system that you are using:
Navigate to the appropriate directory on the installation media or folder on your hard disk where you copied the installer, and double-click the install.exe file.
- (Windows 32-bit) CDROM_Installers\Windows\Disk1\InstData\VM
- (Windows 64-bit) CDROM_Installers\Windows_64Bit\Disk1\InstData\VM
- Linux, Solaris, AIX
Navigate to the appropriate directory, and from a command prompt, type ./install.bin.
- (Linux) CDROM_Installers/Disk1/InstData/NoVM
- (Solaris) CDROM_Installers/Disk1/InstData/NoVM
- (AIX) CDROM_Installers/Disk1/InstData/VM
This launches an install wizard that guides you through the installation.
- On the Introduction panel, click Next.
- On the Choose Install Folder screen, verify that the default location displayed is correct for your existing installation, or click Browse to select the alternate folder where LiveCycle ES4 SP1 is currently installed, and click Next.
- Read the Quick Fix Patch Summary information and click Next.
- Read the Pre-Installation Summary information and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Next to apply the quick fix updates to your installed files.
- The Start Configuration Manager checkbox is selected by default. Click Done to run the Configuration Manager.
To run Configuration Manager later, deselect the Start Configuration Manager option before you click Done. You can start Configuration Manager later using the appropriate script in the [LiveCycle root]/configurationManager/bin directory.
- Depending on your application server, choose one of the following documents and follow the instructions in the Configuring and Deploying LiveCycle section.
- Restart the server machine.
- Open the [LiveCycle root]\patch\<QF_Patch_ID>\FilesAddedDuringServicePack_RemoveOrReplaceToRevert.txt file.
- Delete the files listed in the FilesAddedDuringServicePack_RemoveOrReplaceToRevert.txt file from your LiveCycle ES4 installation.
- Replace the files and folders in the following directories under [LiveCycle root] with the files from the backup copy at [LiveCycle root]\patch\<QF_Patch_ID>\backup_<QF_Patch_ID>\:
- After restoring the [LiveCycle root]\configurationManager directory, delete the EAR files in the [LiveCycle root]\configurationManager\export directory.
- (JBoss only) Perform the following steps:
- Stop the JBoss Application server.
- Clear the Work and Temp directories.
- Restart the JBoss Application server.
- Run LiveCycle Configuration Manager (LCM) to reconfigure and redeploy your LiveCycle system.
- (Optional) Delete the [LiveCycle root]\patch\<QF_Patch_ID> directory.