- Beginning troubleshooting
- Intermediate troubleshooting
- Advanced troubleshooting
This document can help you resolve errors that occur while you install Shockwave Player 11 on Mac OS X. Installation errors can manifest themselves in many different ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
- A blank or flickering dialog box
- A frozen cursor or screen
- An error message such as, "An error occurred during the installation process. A required file is missing."
Different factors can cause installation errors, including problems with operating system components, conflicting start-up items, and hardware conflicts.
To benefit most from this document, perform the tasks in order. Keep track of the tasks you perform and the results of each task, including errors or problematic behavior. Adobe Technical Support can use this information to better assist you, if you need to call.