Close any open Adobe applications.
User Account Control alert | Launch, install | Windows
The following User Account Control Alert appears when you install or launch Adobe programs or product updates on Windows computers:
“Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?”
Download and install an update (patch) for your Adobe application to restore the digital certificate. It's unnecessary to uninstall your existing applications.
Launch your Adobe application.
Some Adobe applications revoked their digital certificates, but updates are available to restore them. The warning message allows you to install or launch the application. However, if you have AppLocker installed, you are sometimes unable to proceed unless you update the application with a patch to restore the digital certificate.
Some of the related messages you could see depending on OS/Software installed:
- The publisher information cannot be extracted from the specified file.
- This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine.
- This program has been blocked for your protection.
- Group policy blocks this program. For more information, contact your system administrator.
- Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app could put your computer at risk.