ColdFusion Builder does not launch and throws the 'Licensing for this product has stopped working' error with error codes 150:30 or 148:3.
Error message detail:
'This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched'
These errors can be caused by the following:
1. The Anchor service is not installed
2. FNPLicensingService is not running though it is installed
3. While installing ColdFusion Builder, other high memory consuming services are running
4. The system running low on physical memory or virtual memory
How to work around these errors:
On Mac, please check whether you have the Anchor service installed in your system at the following path:
Library/Application Support/Flexnet Publisher/Service/
For Win, you may check the following path:
%Program Files%\Common Files\Macrovision shared\Flexnet Publisher\
If it is already installed, start FNPLicensing service (under services you can see the service with the name 'FLEXnet Licensing Service') manually and launch ColdFusion Builder.
If it is not installed or you are unable to start the 'FLEXnet Licensing Service' or the above workaround is not working, then uninstall and reinstall ColdFusion Builder as an admin user with the following guidelines:
- During installation, make sure there are no other high memory consuming services running and there is at least 4GB of free hard disk space.
- If this issue occurs on Windows systems, make sure that the ‘Windows Installer’ service is running.